HybridZ

I think I'm giving up on the Z

S130Z

How do you know the rings are toast? I was running over 22 psi on a stock block.

Well I had a solid pull through both 4th and 5th on the highway(killed that Mach 1) and my AFR's were about 12.8 at full boost. I should have been paying attention to my AFR's. My tune was not dialed in. I have excessice crank case preasure with a good functioning PCV and I am now smoking out the exhaust, blue smoke. Not to mention the loss of compression.

Don't jump to conclusions yet until you look it over and know for sure. I had a smoke out problem once and went home to start feeling bad that my turbo and engine were shot. After I got over the shock and looked into the real problem I had been leaking brake fluid in the booster and it got high enough to be sucked into the intake. Probably not your issue, but diagnose the problem all the way before giving up or making the wrong plan.

All I'm saying is that until you tear it apart you don't know how easy or cheap the fix may be. Maybe it cracked a ringland and made a deep groove in the cylinder wall and just re-ringing isn't an option. Don't tell anyone, but I have never gapped a set of rings and I'm running 14psi boost on 12:1 compression in my eagle talon. Pull the head and inspect. Hopefully you can just put in new rings and lighlty hone the cylinders. You'll be bak on the road in no time.

Moby, I know to always plan for the worst, but I've had a the worst week of my life and I'm trying to chear myself up the best I can. Between the love of my life leaving me, my motor going up in smoke, and my company cutting back hours(luckly I havnt lost my job)....I guess I'm really just looking for a pic me up.

Moby, I know to always plan for the worst, but I've had a the worst week of my life and I'm trying to chear myself up the best I can. Between the love of my life leaving me, my motor going up in smoke, and my company cutting back hours(luckly I havnt lost my job)....I guess I'm really just looking for a pic me up.

Sorry to hear about your week :-( I hope things get better! You're in my prayers buddy.

Thanks man. It can only get so bad until it can get better, so i figure I'm pretty close to seeing better days.

I think the Z would be great to distract you in the tough bit.

Maybe working on the Z will get your mind off things? And there's nothing that cheers me up better than boost! :)

If you and a buddy can get access to a truck you can have my motor if you pull it, take the trans too if it makes it any easier. Couple motor mount and couple trans mount bolts and its on its way out. I haven't had much time to touch my car and plan to pull my motor at some point and sell it, but if you'll pull it the motor is yours. 0 miles on it, just been sitting for like 3 years. 2mm headgasket, ARP studs, new bearings and rings, head rebuilt. Was setup for boost but gave up on the project and moving to a diffrent setup. Its got a few stripped oil pan and valve cover bolts(I know, it was years ago-I was younger, dumber, and in a rush) Other then that its great. I can't seem to find paperwork showing the parts I purchased as well as machine work. But its not like that will offset the price of free much anyway haha.

Adam, sounds like maybe the "kick in the nuts" shock is startin' to slide into the rearview mirror where it belongs & in your windshield you're getting support from da boyz to help pull you thru...grad the lifeline & pull...my 2 cents...godspeed on getting past this hurdle as options open up

Adam, sounds like maybe the "kick in the nuts" shock is startin' to slide into the rearview mirror where it belongs & in your windshield you're getting support from da boyz to help pull you thru...grad the lifeline & pull...my 2 cents...godspeed on getting past this hurdle as options open up

Well said good sir.

Well I got some solid compression test numbers with a good battery- (radiator side) #1 - 155 psi #2 - 155 psi #3 - 155 psi #4 - 115 psi #5 - 90 psi #6 - 100 psi

Tearing it down this weekend to check out the damage and do what needs to be done.

Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...