HybridZ

Going in for surgery today

badjuju

Glad you're fairing well man!

Well, the laughing gas didn't do crap for me. They upped it twice and nadda. I thought that was kinda weird and wanted to get loopy so I was disappointed haha.

But I've been taking vicodin every 4 hours and icing my cheeks and there is only a little soreness. Its great! Much better/easier than I thought it would be.

Well... Maybe I'm a pansy.. But last time I had surgery it was no fun at all. Catheters suck, prescriptions of 100 Norcos at a time aren't fun either... or fentanyl patches, or the muscle relaxers. Or 3 days in a hospital. Though I do miss the cooler with the timer and ice water pump, best way to keep swelling down ever! I need to find one of those things.

Loved the morphine too. I was really annoyed when they switched me over to dilaudid, say that its more powerful... it is not!

I am not looking forward to having the nerve stimulator installed.

Ah... aren't back injuries grand?

Good luck and speedy recovery to you guys!

Joe

Well apart from not being able to sleep more than about 10 minutes at a time, I'm very pleasantly surprised. I've changed my nose dressing 3 times and then took it off and I've hacked up some very bloody phlegm, but on the pain scale I was expecting a 9 or 10 and I got a 6 or 7. Turns out opiates work pretty well. We'll see if my luck holds tomorrow.

Turns out opiates work pretty well. We'll see if my luck holds tomorrow.

Yes they do :) Hope you are fully on the road to recovery. Keep in mind that the third day is supposed to be the worst as far as swelling is concerned. DO NOT neglect the ice, Jon: it is your friend. Hang in there :D

Davy

If you chew the pills they work faster (bad recommendation, do not try)

And if you take a sip of water after chewing a pill, it tastes very sweet, like powdered sugar.

Pharmaceutical companies... silly opium pushers.

I do recommend switching away from the painkillers well before the pain subsides. A side effect of opiate withdrawal is increased pain. So they can easily perpetuate themselves. and your discomfort.

Joe