HybridZ

Cash 4 Clunkers List - Some Amazing Cars Destroyed!

slownrusty

http://www.mibz.com/4020-cash-for-clunkers-program-looked-in-for-fraud-per-iowa-senator.html

(6) Porsche 928 including (2) S4

(4) Gen. IV Supras

(5,000+) Mercedes-Benz including (142) SL, (3) S600, a 1994 E500 (crying), a 1992 500E (more crying), 1995 C36 and 1999 C43

(3,500+) BMWs including an M3, M5, Z3, 850i and (3) 740il

Buick Grand National!

GMC Typhoon

Aston MArtin DB7, Bentley Continental R

WTF!

Yasin

http://www.mibz.com/4020-cash-for-clunkers-program-looked-in-for-fraud-per-iowa-senator.html

(6) Porsche 928 including (2) S4

(4) Gen. IV Supras

(5,000+) Mercedes-Benz including (142) SL, (3) S600, a 1994 E500 (crying), a 1992 500E (more crying), 1995 C36 and 1999 C43

(3,500+) BMWs including an M3, M5, Z3, 850i and (3) 740il

Buick Grand National!

GMC Typhoon

Aston MArtin DB7, Bentley Continental R

WTF!

Yasin

oh that grand national wasn't just a normal grand national it was allegedly a GNX which are super rare.:fmad:

Someone needs to be shot.

Apparently at least 7 people... Though I cant think of any benz that isn't worth over 5 grand that isn't a 2.3 190e... At least within that 15 year span.

Idiots.

Mind explaining?

After the liquid glass solution is ran through the motor, the motor is toast, and the cars head to a scrap yard. You can go to the yard and buy the car with the burnt motor and fix it back for pennies on the dollar. You can google it to find more info, there is a thread diesel garage where a guy is fixing a cash for clunkers corvette, I will dig it up.

FYI, It cost the tax payer 20k for each car that was turned in.

We should have just bought the cars and gave them away.

Dealer didn't make much because of all the paperwork they had to fill out.

Some dealers quit doing cash for clunkers before the program was over because they weren't getting paid back quick enough by uncle Sam.

I watched some news clips of the cars getting crushed. Some of them looked like they still had 100k miles left in them. What a shame. Those could have gone to the needy.

What a big joke.

FYI, It cost the tax payer 20k for each car that was turned in.

We should have just bought the cars and gave them away.

Dealer didn't make much because of all the paperwork they had to fill out.

Some dealers quit doing cash for clunkers before the program was over because they weren't getting paid back quick enough by uncle Sam.

I watched some news clips of the cars getting crushed. Some of them looked like they still had 100k miles left in them. What a shame. Those could have gone to the needy.

What a big joke.

I'm not sure all your facts are correct.

Who told you it cost 20k to write a check for $4,500.00?

The dealer probably made more net per car, given the out of pocket was less, and easier to swallow than the normal deal......the BUYER WAS MOTIVATED!, new cars were in short supply (toyota). Not to mention all the back door, volume rebates to the dealer you don't hear about. Ever hear the term "CASH IN THE TRUNK"

The paper work cost was not a major factor. The salesmen stayed late to reap the benefits of the increased sales volume. I didn't hear ONE complaint when they got their paychecks.

At some point there was a bottle neck in dealer payments......I never heard a negative word at my dealer. We sold OVER 900 cars in 1 month. I'm told this is a nation wide record.

I'm not seeing the BIG JOKE?????

After the liquid glass solution is ran through the motor, the motor is toast, and the cars head to a scrap yard. You can go to the yard and buy the car with the burnt motor and fix it back for pennies on the dollar. You can google it to find more info, there is a thread diesel garage where a guy is fixing a cash for clunkers corvette, I will dig it up.

Thread on that 'Vette? Any details at all on how to purchase a Clunker'ed car from a junk yard and get it re-titled?

I'm not sure all your facts are correct.

Who told you it cost 20k to write a check for $4,500.00?

The dealer probably made more net per car, given the out of pocket was less, and easier to swallow than the normal deal......the BUYER WAS MOTIVATED!, new cars were in short supply (toyota). Not to mention all the back door, volume rebates to the dealer you don't hear about. Ever hear the term "CASH IN THE TRUNK"

The paper work cost was not a major factor. The salesmen stayed late to reap the benefits of the increased sales volume. I didn't hear ONE complaint when they got their paychecks.

At some point there was a bottle neck in dealer payments......I never heard a negative word at my dealer. We sold OVER 900 cars in 1 month. I'm told this is a nation wide record.

I'm not seeing the BIG JOKE?????

Perhaps the joke is the tax payer subsidized it all. Not to mention car sales in the future will be crap. A large number of people who were maybe holding off on buying a new car in the next 1-2 years went ahead with the program and the next few years the sales will be down.