HybridZ

Haltech Starting Issues

CarJway

Well, after 5 years of putting my car together, I finially made it to the dyno. Upon initially setting everything up, we had issues getting the timing/home/trigger set up correctly. I also plugged in the CAS wires in, incorrectly, and I believe that could be causing our issue here. (shorted the CAS)

So, the car won't fire up, but we will just get fireballs every now and then. I can't go through the car right now, as it stayed at the shop. I will need to check a few things, please let me know if you guys think of anything else. I am using the 83 CAS, with a wheel out of Z31

1) Check Oil Pump Shaft position

2) Check dizzy position

3) Swap out dizzy, with spare unit

Also, does anyone have any maps from an E11 to help me out? Any advice would be much appreciated!

-Carlos

• 1 month later...

Well, after 5 years of putting my car together, I finially made it to the dyno. Upon initially setting everything up, we had issues getting the timing/home/trigger set up correctly. I also plugged in the CAS wires in, incorrectly, and I believe that could be causing our issue here. (shorted the CAS)

So, the car won't fire up, but we will just get fireballs every now and then. I can't go through the car right now, as it stayed at the shop. I will need to check a few things, please let me know if you guys think of anything else. I am using the 83 CAS, with a wheel out of Z31

1) Check Oil Pump Shaft position

2) Check dizzy position

3) Swap out dizzy, with spare unit

Also, does anyone have any maps from an E11 to help me out? Any advice would be much appreciated!

-Carlos

Still having issues?