HybridZ

Just finished s13 coilovers into s30

Yes, a full set of S13 coilovers.

This does not include any adapters to allow for installation on the rear.

I plan on having a local machine shop make an adapter for my use. If it can be reproduced at an affordable amount, I will offer it to anyone interested.

I can not say for sure, but I have to buy 5 to get the price that low. Otherwise, your looking at $400 at my current price break.

Prices can change at anytime. I currently have enough people to get this discount, so I just wanted to extend it the the HybridZ community.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put on some other doodads & painted some stuff :D

All I need now is paint!

I've been semi daily driving it and the ride is very nice, IMO.

It can get a bit bumpy over uneven roads, but it's quite alright otherwise.

Oh and I think the engine bay paint is awesome. Very picasso. Can't tell me otherwise lol.

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

Looks like EM-Automotive is out of biz-or at least no more info left on them. No items for sale on ebay, no web site history. Would like to do some research on the other higher end brands however about the different options. It would be nice to say I have tein, or apexi coils on my car

Looks like EM-Automotive is out of biz-or at least no more info left on them. No items for sale on ebay, no web site history. Would like to do some research on the other higher end brands however about the different options. It would be nice to say I have tein, or apexi coils on my car

that's what i was thinking. it'd be nice to be able to say that i have some ohlins (my favorites!), but any higher end coilovers would push the price up which would defeat the purpose of this being a cheap mod. i ended up choosing ground controls because for the price to build my own coilovers like this with coils of my choice just doesn't make sense. why try to backyard a suspension with no guarantee that it'll really work when you can go with a proven set up?

it really was a tough choice though. the inner fan boy in me died a little. hahaha.

Yea that would kind of defeat the purpose. But then again ground control setup wouldn't allow you to go as low I don't think. And you wouldn't have independant height/ preload adjustment.

I can raise it up to near stock height or go down all the way and still have the same level of comfort and no danger of bottoming out.

Personally I would've put in s13 JIC or F2 or something if I had the money.

I plan on installing either s13 or skyline gts coilovers onto my car. The skyline gts coilovers look like they will work lengthwise and have steel lower threaded mounts on all 4s. Also, I will be using the monoball on all 4 shocks with camber plates up front. Will need to make new spring perches and plasma cut a camber plate. I will post up pics once im working on this.

Your car look great! makes me have second thoughts about selling my XXR513s

You are looking up the wrong info, it is http://www.emotorusa.com/

They are not out of business, but they are out of stock of the S13 Coilovers. I have 5 sets on back order. I should have a set in my possession in a couple weeks. I plan on having a lower rear perch machined.

I completely agree about using a nicer set of coilovers over these cheapys, but for what I want out of my suspension, they will more than work.

Once I have my lower perch machined, for those of you using Apexi, Tein, MR, or any other, I will be happy to offer the same thing to anyone who can send me there front lower perch so my machinist can copy it. I do not have an idea on the price, but hopefully I will soon.

Thanks,

Andy

For those looking for a mid price unit, I got off the phone with Stance USA today and they have developed a perch that fits Z's and their coilovers with availability in the next 8 weeks.

They also are willing to see the s13 set with 4 perches for the front but I was not quoted a price. I gave them my info and will have more info as it develops. Will be starting a separate thread as well.

• Like 1

^ Very interested in this. I was actually planning to buy some S13 Stance AL+'s this week to put on the 240z. I had the GR+'s on my S13 and couldnt have been happier with them. Glad to see they're doing something for our Z's. I had emailed them around this time last year asking about if they planned on doing anything for S30's but never got a reply.

Has anybody confirmed or denied how well this will work on the 280z? I believe I Can get 240z perches and they will fit just fine on the 280z without modification, its fitting the 280z ones into a 240z that is a problem. Is this correct? I will be doing this one way or another. When I do it I will be making a good right up, it is a must.

Has anybody confirmed or denied how well this will work on the 280z? I believe I Can get 240z perches and they will fit just fine on the 280z without modification, its fitting the 280z ones into a 240z that is a problem. Is this correct? I will be doing this one way or another. When I do it I will be making a good right up, it is a must.
280z strut tubes are about 1/8" thicker OD than the 240z strut tubes. So fitting coilovers on 280z struts in the manner presented in this thread will not work.

If you took the struts off of the 240z they should bolt up to the 280z with out problems, and vice versa.

wow if only i knew about this thread earlier... i spent a lot of time doing a lot of research about options for the S30 and ended up going with the ground control set up.

this so far seems like a very inexpensive way to get your s30 dumped but retaining travel. i cannot speak for performance but looks like it works so far. just hope my GC kit will help my car's stance to look that good.