HybridZ

ECU & AFM compatibility

the previous owner(s) of my 78 280Z w/ L28E manual tranny swapped in many different parts, so now I'm trying to play catch up...I do not know if the ECU & AFM are correct for a 78, however, I'm trying to confirm that they are correct for each other...ECU part # is A11-600-000 & AFM part # is A31-000-050...also will an AFM part # A31-605-000 be compatible w/ that same ECU...appreciate any info that someone can provide or pointing me in the right direction..thx

• Administrators

For the '78 cars, the ECU and harness have to both be '78. The ECU has a different Pin-out and the harness is also completely different from the other EFI Z cars.

For the '78+ car/WFI, you can use ANY of the '75-'78 280- Z and '79-'83 280-ZX AFM's. You may need to fine tune the spring tension in the AFM a little as it becoming more and more common to find previous owners tweaking them for their car which is not necessary the ideal tweak for the next car that AFM might end up in.

Edited by BRAAP