HybridZ

1971 240Z Turbo Tom build

Follow-up, my mistake in my post. I thought it was Jwink25 that posted the question - not texis30O - sorry! The tuning questions have to do with the big turbo that I sold - doesn't apply to yours as the setup I sold,(the subject of this thread), was setup for 400+ whp.

Jason - glad to see your finally moving forward with this - I saw you thought you might give it up/tried to sell it a while ago. I think it will be a very unique setup when all is said and done. Of course, you'll have to figure out a simple oil-return since you sold the Arizona-Zcar oil pan along with many other small items now that its been, what? 8+ years since that setup ran?! I look forward to seeing you finish it on here! Now I need to finish my RX-7 and finish the car that kit came out of!

Edited by Bob_H

Good to see another TT system being resurected. I had been looking at mine for the past several years and decided its time to put it back into service. I have the manifolds installed and am just bolting in the turbo assembly. The plan is to upgrade to EBT and progressive meth injection. Then use EGT's and a wideband sensor to tune the kit. The progressive injection system has a datalogger option that should help.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/dhartig/?action=view&current=DSCN2884.jpg

It is going onto the L24 currently in the car, just in case something blows up. Meanwhile the L28 I have will be modified to 2.95 liter with an 8.5 CR. Once all is good the plan is to switch engines.

Good luck with the install.

Edited by dhartig

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I finally have the TT system running and have 280rwh at only 5200 rpm. I'm running the electromotive xdi2 on a .040 over long rod 2.8 forged flat tops and a mild Rebello p90 with a stage 2 schneider turbo cam. My water/methanol kit is functional. I removed the water under the plenum as it was unnecessary. My carb setup isn't right yet. It's a 600 dp squarebore and have somewhat poor offboost response. Seems like the primaries are too big. Switched to annular discharge venturies on primaries and it helped but am considering a 650 spreadbore. The cfm is needed but need smaller bores for better signal when the engine is acting like the 171 cubic inches it is (off boost). I think a 390cfm carb would be great at only 8-12 psi of boost. My wg looks like a deltagate by turbonetics and has a 9-12 psi spring in it but creeps to 15ish in 3rd gear up. The turbo is a rebuilt rotomaster that seems a t4ob size with a 2.17 inducer so it's likely a v series. the hot side is a .69 "O trim". If anyone's interested, I'll post pictures and will be getting new dyno figures once it's recarbed or tweeked more. Should get 325ish at 6300 rpm to the ground. I may be selling the whole kit after this experiment as I enjoy na engines more even though not as fast on a high gear pull.

Hey guys, I finally have the TT system running and have 280rwh at only 5200 rpm. I'm running the electromotive xdi2 on a .040 over long rod 2.8 forged flat tops and a mild Rebello p90 with a stage 2 schneider turbo cam. My water/methanol kit is functional. I removed the water under the plenum as it was unnecessary. My carb setup isn't right yet. It's a 600 dp squarebore and have somewhat poor offboost response. Seems like the primaries are too big. Switched to annular discharge venturies on primaries and it helped but am considering a 650 spreadbore. The cfm is needed but need smaller bores for better signal when the engine is acting like the 171 cubic inches it is (off boost). I think a 390cfm carb would be great at only 8-12 psi of boost. My wg looks like a deltagate by turbonetics and has a 9-12 psi spring in it but creeps to 15ish in 3rd gear up. The turbo is a rebuilt rotomaster that seems a t4ob size with a 2.17 inducer so it's likely a v series. the hot side is a .69 "O trim". If anyone's interested, I'll post pictures and will be getting new dyno figures once it's recarbed or tweeked more. Should get 325ish at 6300 rpm to the ground. I may be selling the whole kit after this experiment as I enjoy na engines more even though not as fast on a high gear pull.

• 1 month later...