HybridZ

ss lines ( whole brake system)

No input on the adapter from me, but couldn't you just return to MSA? That's what we did when we got ours and they were the wrong gender; we were just out a few bucks shipping. The cost of the correct ones are nearly half the price, so a few bucks couldn't hurt.

The part numbers for the Earls stuff we got is:

2x 592032 http://www.holley.com/592032ERL.asp

2x 63010110 http://www.holley.com/63010110ERL.asp

This setup worked perfect for us.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

This is only to repace the rubber, its 16" long. I want to replace the ENTIRE system. no hardline.

I went to a performance hose store, and the advise against doing the whole brake plumbing with braided hoses. He said that the brakes would feel really spongy.

Eh, this is going to be one of those things I want to try and make my own judgement based on experience

So you really intend to plumb the whole system with braided line? That's what I'm getting out of this thread. While your desire to 'experience' it for yourself is noble it will come at a great cost and greater disappointment. I personally can't stand s/s hardlines but will use the short teflon lined braided flex hoses. S/s lines are a bitch to bend/flare and tighten to leakproof status. My first choice (the only choice really) for hardlines would be cupro nickel. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=p1lLS_ysDojRlAfflfWMDQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAoQBSgA&q=cupro+nickel+brake+line&spell=1 It's the standard for most european car manufacturers. Bends and flares easily, is extremely strong and nearly corrosion proof too.

This is only to repace the rubber, its 16" long. I want to replace the ENTIRE system. no hardline.

BAD idea, you're going to waste a bunch of time and money for a sub-par braking system(worse than stock). I've used steel to make AN compatible brake hardlines and it was easy to work with even in the extremely tight confines of that particular project.

• 2 years later...

This is a really old thread that I forgot to update, but I wanted everybody to know to anybody who thought it was going to be a bad brake system, or a soft pedal

You were completely wrong. Another perfect example why you shouldn't believe what everybody says until you try it yourself.

My pedal is as firm as it can be and I have no issues with the entire system being stainless steel braided

You really can't say "completely wrong" and "no issues" until it is tested for a long time and done more than once with a very, very good reliability since this is a safety related system. Remember the scientific method from science class? Another thing to watch out for on forums is people doing something once, not testing it scientifically, and then telling everyone it works with no issues ;)

Hoses with braided covering are a maintenance item. Dirt gets between the liner and the braid and wears itself away until it is no longer serviceable. That doesn't happen with hardlines or rubber covered lines. That's probably why 99.9% of vehicals are sold this way and why many braided hose replacements are covered in rubber.

There are also a lot of other reasons to not use braided hose for the whole brake system;

-dramatically shorter replacement interval than steel, copper-nickle, or SS hard line

-large bend radius

-abrasive covering requires a lot more clips to protect adjacent body work or components from being cut

-larger OD of -3 hose take up more room and is harder to route cleanly

-no option to replace only the sections that get dirty and flex and wear faster

-more expensive

It does work, and people do it all the time, I just think it's a poor choice for a street car.