HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

My DD 280z. Bone stock. wheels re 16x8 zero offset. rear fenders needed rolling. 

af106d60-0325-4362-a990-296dd47aede9_zps

silverz3_zps01caa053.jpg

Hey Stony, what 7" headlight housings do you have? Are they the ones from DDM Tuning? Do you run HIDs with them? If so how is the cutoff?

• Like 1

Do you run HIDs with them? If so how is the cutoff?

Those look like standard halogen conversion housings, not projectors (DDM only lists halogen housings on their conversion page). If he is running HIDs then there wouldn't be any real 'cutoff' to speak of, just a whole lot of glare.

1f1d512514ef13513218f524d2f89ad1_zps60e2

fe9370fb4a5a3906e979c16d13a136a2_zps5a96

temporary_zps09be0401.jpg

Any closeups of the fender artwork?

88320da0c51764149161ec43fc1d0cbb_zps7e9e

0a93f49e08dc4cebea5cf7e8ddd218d0_zps2983

Fender artworks configure of some deadpool, ultimate spiderman and AVX comics with some adhesive spray. I was going to clearcoat it but it rained this night and had to sit in mosture allowing it to peel off slowly.

Edited by mistah mofro

Those look like standard halogen conversion housings, not projectors (DDM only lists halogen housings on their conversion page). If he is running HIDs then there wouldn't be any real 'cutoff' to speak of, just a whole lot of glare.

I'm mainly referring to these

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/7inchround-halogenLamp

The main page image is incorrect but if you go back one page and look at the listing page it shows the same housing. I am well aware that you cannot have a true cutoff without a projector but my main concern is controlling the light and not having it affect oncoming traffic. I know that it is possible to control the HID output without a projector type housing.

I'm looking at that pretty2+2, liking the big car for the first time. That car is just RIGHT. It also occurred to me that the proportions of a 2+2 are better than a coupe for making a roadster. Very cool car.

Thanks Rebekah! That really means a lot! I feel the 2+2 is a good looking car in the right colors/setup. Certain colors can make it look very bloated or unflattering but silver seems to be a good fit. I chose the 2+2 initially because I needed the extra space and it was actually my daily driver for a year and a half! I have since gotten a daily and she is now the project/garage queen. I toyed with the idea of getting a coupe but the 2+2 has really grown on me. I'm planning on eventually doing a full restoration on her.