HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

I love how you used banjo fittings on the valve cover and fuel rail. Very 'OEMish' level of fit and finish you've achieved.

Few Questions:

1.) What is the chrome pipe on the spark side of the head?

2.) How is the line off the valve cover plumbed (catch can, A/O sep., direct to mani, etc)? What about the block port?

3.) I see a dizzy but the spark plug cables don't go to it,what's going on there?

4.) Did you make the hardlines lines yourself?

Couldn't find a build thread, but I'd love to see all that you've done if you have one (the brake MC resivoir raises more questions than I'm willing to ask in a picture centered thread)!

I love how you used banjo fittings on the valve cover and fuel rail. Very 'OEMish' level of fit and finish you've achieved.

Few Questions:

1.) What is the chrome pipe on the spark side of the head?

2.) How is the line off the valve cover plumbed (catch can, A/O sep., direct to mani, etc)? What about the block port?

3.) I see a dizzy but the spark plug cables don't go to it,what's going on there?

4.) Did you make the hardlines lines yourself?

Couldn't find a build thread, but I'd love to see all that you've done if you have one (the brake MC resivoir raises more questions than I'm willing to ask in a picture centered thread)!

Thanks, an optimised OEM look was what I wanted.

The banjos are a particular fetish of mine, way more work than plumbing fittings but I like 'em.

After grinding down the unused bosses on the valve cover, I bored out the stock breather hole (I never did figure out what thread it was...) and pressed in a plug tapped for 16mm x 1.5.

The fitting on the cover was part of a power steering hose from an Audi, the one on the fuel rail is from a Jaguar.

The chrome pipe is plumbing stuff from Ace. I machined spacers/connectors from delrin to connect the tubes. The spark plug wires run through it.

The distributor is a 280ZX part and the wires will go to it as normal, I just haven't finished making them yet.

The throttle body is a 60mm 240SX cable operated unit. I made the spacer from delrin and incorporated the throttle cable stop/bracket into the design. The cable is a shortened Toyota part.

I put a bung on the intake mouth of the throttle body and the valve cover is fed from there. It's basically a simplified version of the original system.

Because I already had the feed to the valve cover handled, I didn't need a bung on the rubber AFM coupler, so this one is a plain jane replacement from a SAAB.

The AFM is from a S5 Mazda RX-7.

The brake booster/MC are 280ZX parts.

I was unaware of the oddball booster/firewall bolt pattern and my normal preferred upgrades don't work, so this was the next best option. I'll probably build an unboosted twin MC system after we get her running and sorted out.

Now that most of the major components are in place, wiring will begin.