HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

Kali,

Thanks, the color is 05 Infinity G35 Red.

Funny you ask about the seats. The previous owner took pics and documents of just about everything. I went back looking for his info on the seats b/c the driver side started to get a crack and he didn't have any info on them. So I even give him a call to see if he could remember anything or still had the info. He wasn't sure why it wasn't in there nor could him remember an specific info about them. All he could remember was he did a ton research and test fitting to make sure he could fit and sit comfortable. He is taller, like 6'3". Sorry to make what should have been a short answer, extremely long.

The short answer, I have no clue, lol.

They are a leather like material that seems to crack pretty easy with very little use. Granite, I do fit very comfortably in the car(6'2"). I'm not sure I would recommend them to anyone b/c of the build quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, there is some nice Z's and soon to be nice Z's on here. Here's some pic's of mine....

z02.jpg

DSCN4517.jpg

DSCN4524_edited.jpg

DSCN4525.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

Our kids, that's my wife's GT500 Super Snake in the background....

DSC_0254_edited.jpg

Ready for the track....

IMG_0991.jpg

That's my wife getting after it.....

IMG_1047.jpg

Edited by Taz240Z.V-8

quick question

why did you decide to run the fuel line through the cabin, and how in the world does any sanctioned racing body allow you to race with that setup?

and also, with the fuel lines sitting on top of the cell, where is the rear bulkhead thats supposed to be there?

Lloyd

Taz240Z.V-8, I'm not generally a big fan of V8 Zs, but that's one fine automobile you have yourself there. Well done.

Thanks a lot man, we probably went a little overboard with her but it was fun.

quick question

why did you decide to run the fuel line through the cabin, and how in the world does any sanctioned racing body allow you to race with that setup?

and also, with the fuel lines sitting on top of the cell, where is the rear bulkhead thats supposed to be there?

Lloyd

We do not race the car competitively, it's all controlled environment, go out and have fun track time. For a line that size that was the safest place to run the line, the headers take up a lot of room. The fuel sustem in the car is mechanical not electrical (same set up as stock car). That is a 10 year fuel line so it's a top of the line fuel line. We had the car out on the track once since restoration and didn't have a problem.

The engine was built by a friend of mine that builds motors for stock car racing (HUR Performance Engines), everything else was built by Huffaker Engineering at Infineon Raceway. They build and fabricate race cars. Almost everything was done like you would build a stock car, didn't cut any corners.

We built the car like a race car and also built it like a show car. Didn't gut the interior, added some subtle custom touches. This is how my wife and I wanted to build the car so we could enjoy it on or off the track.

Edited by Taz240Z.V-8

I do agree it would get you waived of track/black flagged her in Europe before you even looked at the pit lane..

However i love that car it has been an inspiration for my ZXR as it is more a weekend warrior and not a full track car either ( for that i have a beamer and a s130 isma replica in the making)

I like the race look and feel of the car but at the same time it appeals for long canyon road trips.

Like said great ride! Only thing that doesnt fly with my personal taste are the cheapish looking seats.. A set of Bride low maxxes would solve that! What wheels are those ?

Edited by frank280zx

Wow, there is some nice Z's and soon to be nice Z's on here. Here's some pic's of mine....

Our kids, that's my wife's GT500 Super Snake in the background....

Ready for the track....

That's my wife getting after it.....

Love your car. I saw it at the 2009 MSA show. The quality and attention to detail of your car is top notch. I felt there were five cars at the MSA 2009 show that were all at the same caliber and your was included in my top five.

Love your car. I saw it at the 2009 MSA show. The quality and attention to detail of your car is top notch. I felt there were five cars at the MSA 2009 show that were all at the same caliber and your was included in my top five.

Wow, thanks man, I appreciate that. We put a tons of hours in that car during the build and you hope that people notice the time and effort put into it. When you hear compliments like this it makes it all worth it..... :2thumbs:

After I got it running and driving:

hpim1041.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Took off the 3-piece spoiler and put a rising sun on the hood (I don't care, I like it.)

hpim1071.jpg

Bought this air cleaner today for it, I like it a lot better than the chrome circle job.

hpim1092p.jpg