HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

I was wondering last night if ground controls would get me this low? I just want to be able to slam mine on 15s with a little tuckage and no zg flares but a small fenter roll.

No. They won't.

Even going close to that low will droop your springs excessively, compress the shock, and you'll be left with barely any suspension travel. You have to use a shorter shock assembly if you want to retain suspension travel at that height.

mine and my crew mate's Z..

Nice job! I prefer the static height of the white one, but the width/stretch looks good on the black one. Also interested in wheel/tire specs on the black one.

EDIT: just noticed your location's Georgia. Right on. More pictures/build threads/info?

Edited by RB26powered74zcar

No. They won't.

Even going close to that low will droop your springs excessively, compress the shock, and you'll be left with barely any suspension travel. You have to use a shorter shock assembly if you want to retain suspension travel at that height.

Or you could use something such as this... this replaces the factory rubber strut insulator (which is basically 2" of useless hard rubber). The top of the strut mounts into the D-hole just as stock, only its now sits above (or any height you'd care to have it at depending on your shock setup and desired ride height) the three mounting studs, letting you keep all of your travel. Well, or at least 2" that would normally have to get rid of to drop it that low. I will have pics of the actual completed hats this next week.

6319754077_cf180abf40_z.jpg

280 REAR STRUT TOP HAT by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

Edited by SENZA PARI

Or you could use something such as this... this replaces the factory rubber strut insulator (which is basically 2" of useless hard rubber). The top of the strut mounts into the D-hole just as stock, only its now sits above (or any height you'd care to have it at depending on your shock setup and desired ride height) the three mounting studs, letting you keep all of your travel. Well, or at least 2" that would normally have to get rid of to drop it that low. I will have pics of the actual completed hats this next week.

sweet, I have an uneven stance because of my old crusty insulators, if what you're making works you can put me down for a set! ;)

Good idea! Will it clear the hood though?