HybridZ

Convertible conversions...

Mikelly

Anyone have any advice on sites with technical data on doing a convertible conversion for the 76 Z Chris has given me? I know about Matt Millens site, and MadMan Adams site, but any others out there???

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Velo Rossa is a roadster and the manual has instuctions on where to cut, and of course, frame mods so it doesn't fall apart! I have the manual and can try to scan the appropriate pages and send them to you, if you wish.

I'd love to see any drawings you have. I've got nothing against the VelaRossa kit, but I want to keep it closer to the look of a Zcar. However, the removal and replacement of the roof and hatch area is what I'm looking at, as well as welding in the support and added re-inforcements!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

The VR reenforcing kit is basically square tube, 1"x1". Rear strut towers are tied together, & then triangulated, with the tube from the rear strut tower forward to the frame rail reenforcements(2 pcs, stacked, to the firewall. the tube is bent 17 degrees to allow entry into the car. I have the pics, some are more helpful than others.

Another idea someone else had asked before was doing a Targa Top. Same basic idea, no "T", and no fabricating of the rear deck.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Mike

there is a pretty nice convertible on auto trader online. mabey you could contact him on the details,, but it does look great. Tony

------------------

74 260, sbc 350, 700r4, and a few little HP Mods.just gettin started good. www.speedtechcoatings.com

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I meant to tell you tonight while you were over that I believe Z Therapy sells a video for the convertible conversion.

By the way, thanks again for your help tonight!!!

Chris