HybridZ

Cracked rear spindles

So nothing was getting these spindle pins out, so I broke out the sawzall and cut between the control arms and spindless. They went to the machine shop to get the remainder of the pins out. First one wasn't so bad, but the second, well it needed a lot of work. I was told today they got it out but cracked the spindle in 2 places. He welded it, is gonna sandblast the piece to check for any other damage, then clean up the welds more. Should I be worried about putting it back in the car? This guy is highly reccommended from people who have motors done there.

There was a guy on here who cut off the part of the strut where the pin goes through, lengthened them with extra metal and rewelded them with no problem. If a good machine shop tig welded them with good penitration there most likely good, but of course you have to make that call. Next time cut them off with the sawzall like you did then make a pin to press them out. This is how I did mine 1. make jig to hold in 60 ton press. 2. use torch to heat up the sleave where pin goes through and start pressing. It was scary watching the press bending, but it did eventually start to move, the rest is history. Good luck