HybridZ

If anybody wants to import a Fairlady z

ModernS30

What could possibly inspire one to import a RB26 Z when they can have this pristine S1 432Z!

If nothing else I want that 10k tach.

http://www.rockyauto.co.jp/stock/detail.php?id=2068

Very good point. I want that tach too, I still laugh when my friends get in my car and see the speed-o says 160 and say "Does it really do 160!?!?!?!?" that tach would make it even better. Plus the 240KPH speed-o. Can't believe I missed that one while looking at that, they have some nice s130's too.

Hmm, i tried google and couldn't get a full translation, thanks! They are actually giving me ideas for paint scheme on my car. Lovin' it.

What, yours doesn't go 160+?

Mine does 173.325mph, and I shift at 9500...

haha, not stock of course, my car has ebay "cold" air intake thats really just a cone filter and a metal elbow where the stock box used to be, I guess you could call it a ram air intake of sorts and a old status 70's 2.25 inch exhaust to a crappy muffler. as far as I know the rest is stock and its low compression burns oil and maybe coolant. LOL, yet it still beats most the cars around town. =P gotta love a z.

Those prices can't be right O.o

The cheapest is an s130 @ ~$780,000?

780 000 Japanese yen = 8 525.4 U.S. dollars

As I understand it, Japanese tax on old cars makes Cailfornia look like a Libertarians dream state. You have top be RICH to think about owning an old car, much cheaper to flick over a new one on time payment every few years or private lease one.

Those prices can't be right O.o

The cheapest is an s130 @ ~$780,000?

I didn't really pay attention to the prices, did you knock 2 zeros off? If so then there's no way they can be right. That would be nuts, especially over there. Cars are super cheap, even modified ones. I remember when I was there a modified R33 GTR was for sale for 4,000 USD.

780 000 Japanese yen = 8 525.4 U.S. dollars

As I understand it, Japanese tax on old cars makes Cailfornia look like a Libertarians dream state. You have top be RICH to think about owning an old car, much cheaper to flick over a new one on time payment every few years or private lease one.

The problem is JCI and road tax. Road tax just changes depending on size of the vehicle as far as I remember. JCI would probably be expensive because it basically makes you have all of the parts Brand new basically. If they are in bad shape, you MUST replace them or the car will not be legal. We only needed to replace a CV boot on the AE101 levin (yes it was even a GT-V) and we bought that car for $100 USD, yes, that cheap.

None of those cars are going to be cheap by any standards, old school is valuable there. And be warned, the Japs are big on presentation. I imported a 280ZX, the new white two pack paint job was superb but the rust 'repairs' underneath were crap. Luckily the car was OK over all but I could not get over what that paint job would have cost in relation to the value of the car.

None of those cars are going to be cheap by any standards, old school is valuable there. And be warned, the Japs are big on presentation. I imported a 280ZX, the new white two pack paint job was superb but the rust 'repairs' underneath were crap. Luckily the car was OK over all but I could not get over what that paint job would have cost in relation to the value of the car.

Yea, they like to run their old school with no struts or no springs or something retarded like that. Plus they love these ridiculous air horn setups. I would still love any of those cars.

It's not the JCI or road tax that kills you it's just the price of the car and the shaken if you are a JN, I bought my '91 MR2 for 1500 and they told me it would cost me 3k to register it because it is was almost an antique. Luckily US Forces Japan don't pay that crap but it still cost me 500. JCI is about 200 for two years and road tax is fifty bucks a year. The Japanese DMV ain't no joke, you have to have everyone and there monkey look at the damn car and pay them to do it. I seriously had to talk to five guys to get the name changed on my title and it cost me almost 200.