HybridZ

Brake SHOW! Post pics of your brake setup!!!

I've got the 002's waiting to go on as well. Super cheap and sexy rims for the $. I'd like to do my calipers in bright green to match the theme I've got going. Since noone makes caliper paint in that colour (the VHT stuff came out too yellow) I'll be using engine paint. I know it's not rated as high as the brake stuff but I'm not really tracking the car so I figure it should hold up decent. Anyone tried this?

g2 makes bright green. http://www.caliperpaints.com/c=YdQPP6dYa155Eu21EGfJPA2RF/product/G2BCPG/G2-Brake-Caliper-Paint-System---Green.html

I did an axle swap in my D21(hardbody) with an axle from a WD21(pathfinder). The WD21 axle was a nice unit since I was upgrading to an LSD diff and disc brakes in the same package. I also found the brake system to be quite similar to the Z32 brakes, with the mini drum inside the rotor for the E-brake.

Ryan~

Not as nice as Monzter setup but here is my rear setup (still working on the fronts)

thumbs_rearbrakes3.jpg thumbs_rearbrakes4.jpg thumbs_rearbrakes9.jpg thumbs_rearbrakes8.jpg

Forgot to take a pic with the caliper on but it is a twin piston radial mount much like Monzter but not an AP unit by a Hi-Spec Motorport Ultalite2

DSCN1088.JPG

Excuse my confusion.. but is that a drum type e-brake with a normal disc and caliper for the main braking?!

my god that beautiful. 2 things

1) how would you get the caliper off, or, how do you replace the rotors?

and 2) that is whats called a girling style brakes, the rotor is the main braking, and the drum is purely for the parking brake function.

Lloyd

my god that beautiful. 2 things

1) how would you get the caliper off, or, how do you replace the rotors?

and 2) that is whats called a girling style brakes, the rotor is the main braking, and the drum is purely for the parking brake function.

Lloyd

The bolts on those calipers go through the top, instead of behind.

ok, so far i seen two rotors with the L (large) logo on it! and Nzeder, did you drilled those rotors or where did you get the double pattern rotors?
The L sticker on my rotor = Left and you will notice that was on the right side suspension lol

Re the drilling - the rotor supplier here in NZ supplied them with the 2 sets of patterns - I think he drilled them for my application. The rotor is Mits Evo IV rear rotor 284mm x 20mm with a total hat height of 60.5mm. The centre ID on these rotors is 90mm so that is why I have a locating ring to go from the stock 68mm to the 90mm

• 2 weeks later...

Rear_Strut.JPG

You asked for pictures, maybe too many? click on any picture to go to my gallery with more details

Very nice job!! I´m working on a similar rebuild, and I was wondering how you got your stub axle adapted? I see that you have some kind of sleeve, and did you machine your strut housings?

(I bought Z32 300ZX brakes and Z31 300ZX rear stubs.)

Best regards, Sebastian

Edited by seb280z

• 2 weeks later...

I got it figured out by looking in your gallery, very sweet setup you got there. I´ll take a different route, trying to cut some corners and save a few $$$. By the way, you got very good taste, saw the ducati, (I used to own a -01 996S, unfortunately i totaled it a few years ago).

Best regards, Sebastian

Edited by seb280z