HybridZ

Ok, yes I'm an idiot, but I need someone to explain this to me

icapture

Ive took my old fuel pump off. There was a hose coming out of the tank and going into the fuel pump, and there was a hose coming out the other end which was the hose taking the fuel to the engine. Makes sense right?

Then I get this new pump. And there is only one fitting. Ok, so I hook up the fuel line coming from the tank. So the gas is going into the fuel pump. But where does the fuel come out of?

Sorry, but this is driving me crazy. It should be so simple. Gas line in, gas line out. But with only one inlet I'm stumped. And the guys who sold this to me weren't much help.

Thanks

IMG_0925copy.jpg

I have never changed a newer fuel pump. But, it looks like you have the type that goes down into the tank and is submerged. If that is the case, I suppose the fuel pickup could be on the bottom side of the pump (look for a screen). Which would mean the side you have hooked up now would be the pressure, or outlet side. Just make sure you put the supply and return lines on the correct part of the tank.

So what y'all are saying is that he should move the red arrow and the "gas goes in" text in his picture down to point at the the white mesh on the bottom of the pump. And the tube with the hose clamped to it is probably the "gas goes out" tube. There's still one tube left in the picture - return line? Looks open at the bottom.

Just trying to help clarify...

Hey guys. Well I was right. I'm an idiot. I bought a fuel pump for an SR20 thinking it would work. What I did not know is that the S13 has an internal pump and the 280z as an external pump. So now I gotta exchange this thing for the right pump. Thanks for the help guys, hope this thread saves someone the same trouble I find myself in.

You can make an S130 an In-Tank arrangement, it's not all that difficult.

I think JeffP has some shots on his website for when he was running the Z32TT pump internally.

I think he's back 'external' now, but I did see some shots he sent me on a 1/2" pickup/return adaptation he made for the S130 pickup arrangement.