HybridZ

300zx 4 lug vs, 5 lug rotors

I have given up seaching the internet for this. I am gathering parts to do a 5 lug conversion. Right now I have Silvermine brakes on the front and MM on the rear. Both of these use '84 300zx rotors. But I am going to have to switch to 5 lug rotors and am a bit confused about the diameter of the 5 lug vs. 4 lug rotor. From what I understand the 84 300zx NA use 4 lug and the Turbos use 5 lug. Does anyone know if they are the same diameter. I know I could attempt to drill the rotors to fit the 5 lug but I'd rather not do that.

...From what I understand the 84 300zx NA use 4 lug and the Turbos use 5 lug. Does anyone know if they are the same diameter...

For either the Turbo (5-lug) or the non-turbo (4-lug), on the 1984 Z31 the rotor diameters are the same (front or rear).

I just thought of another issue. My front rotors are vented but the rears are not. Are the 84 300zx 5 lug rear rotors vented?

For either the Turbo (5-lug) or the non-turbo (4-lug), on the 1984 Z31 the rotor diameters are the same (front or rear).

Deja if you need your rear rotors redrilled to a 5 lug i can do that for you. there is no problem with doing that as far as saftey concerns.

as far as the front goes. i would just buy one z31 5 lug rotor from a local store and test fit it to see if the offset is the same and the thickness is the same.

post your results so we can all know. :mrgreen:

z31's didn't get vented rotors on the rear until 87+. Front diameter is the same for either 4 or 5 lug (as stated previously), offset is same as well. Basically if you stay in the realm of 84-86 most everything is the same regardless of 4/5 lug turbo or non. 87+ starts to see some differences from the 84-86 and there are also differences between turbo and non.

Thanks. But by the time I sent them both ways to California I could almost buy new ones. LOL. As you now I have you front brake setup so I pretty much know what I need, just wasn't sure the 5 lug and 4 lug were the same size. I ordered new ones last night from the same place I got my rears last year.

When I finally get all this installed I will sell the rotors I have now, they only have around 3000 miles on them.

Deja if you need your rear rotors redrilled to a 5 lug i can do that for you. there is no problem with doing that as far as saftey concerns.

as far as the front goes. i would just buy one z31 5 lug rotor from a local store and test fit it to see if the offset is the same and the thickness is the same.

post your results so we can all know. :mrgreen:

Its all so confusing, LOL. But I am confident I have the right stuff ordered. You post confirms what the vender said last night.

z31's didn't get vented rotors on the rear until 87+. Front diameter is the same for either 4 or 5 lug (as stated previously), offset is same as well. Basically if you stay in the realm of 84-86 most everything is the same regardless of 4/5 lug turbo or non. 87+ starts to see some differences from the 84-86 and there are also differences between turbo and non.