HybridZ

1976 280z Dash wiring problem! need help!

I have a 1976 280Z, I am trying to get this car running and I wanted to go through the dash harness and clean up and apply dielectric grease to the connectors. While i was working on this i stumbled into a cut or torn wire which I could not figure out where it routes to. It is black with a yellow stripe and there is another of the same exact color right next to it with a female connector which is oem attached to it. It is at the end of the harness near where the ignition plugs into it.

got any ideas of what it could be?

thanks,

Randy

Is their anything currently wrong with your electrical system?

Yeah, that is why I am going through everything. I have a no start condition because of multiple reasons, this one possibly being one of them. I haven't tried starting since my recent engine wiring overhaul and fuel line overhaul. Mainly I need help with finding this wire while my dash is out.

thanks!

This wiring diagram that Saridout on ClassicZcars did is pretty good -

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=308490#post308490

It's for a 76. It looks like the BY wire from the ignition switch comes from/goes to many places. It seems to be part of the START circuit, from what I can tell, with various safety features in-line. A in a circle is for automatic, M in a circle is for manual.

okay there is a block of connectors on the passenger side under the glove box. I found the two black /yellow wires go to blue connector on that block. I have yet to trace that via my wiring diagram, but do you guys have any ideas in the meantime?

/--------------

| 0 B B | 0 0 |

| 0 0 0 | 0 0 |

|_0_0_0|____|

this is my representation of the connector. 0 indicates other wires and the the two black/yellow are indicated as B.first from the left is the spliced one the second one is the female connector one.