HybridZ

My $100 dollar Top Mount Manifold Project. RB-->s30

streeteg

I picked up a used Greddy T4 manifold off eBay for ~$350, the only thing I had to do (well other than fixing a crack and resurfacing the flanges...) was modify the wastegate pipe, but that was mainly because I put a TiAL 44mm vband on it instead of using a 4 flange 40mm wastegate it was setup for originally, it might have even fit with the wastegate pipe not modified..

I have a ForcedPerformance GT3582 HTA w/ 1.04 T4 hot side on it, everything fits great!

Does your manifold look like the one I posted a pic of above? It was suppose to have been a copy of the Greddy.

Also, would you have any pics of it, and pics of the needed mod to make it fit.

thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just as an update the manifold was ditched due to the horrible wall thickness and setting myself up for intense crackage. Replaced with an Stec number. Will keep posted on results either way

I'd like to see that Stec installed, since I have one waiting for me to do a single GT35r swap with... Any updates you can report?

• 2 weeks later...

here are a few pics of the Stec manifold bolted up in a s30 chassis.

4467018495_66a4b73538_b.jpg

4467796396_18f105f540_b.jpg

4467024667_e0928c2d0e_b.jpg

Hey Soileau after looking at you manifold from Stec it looks like e might have changed the design a little bit from the original prototype( my manifold), your wastegate tubes are located in different positions. The next time I talk with Scott from Stec i will ask him for sure. your manifold looks like it might be a little bit easier to mod.

If anyone would like more pictures let me know, as it is still setup.

Edited by macr32

Are there any clearance issues with the steering shaft?

steering shaft clearance was my next question. After this east coast sonic meet I am going to put the car down for the manifold turbo finally. It looks like it will be close with the shaft-- but there is a slight chance that it may fit when I eye it up

steering shaft clearance was my next question. After this east coast sonic meet I am going to put the car down for the manifold turbo finally. It looks like it will be close with the shaft-- but there is a slight chance that it may fit when I eye it up

Are you bringing the Z? I might be there, not sure. I didn't see you there last year so I'm just wondering. Edited by rturbo 930

we have used love fab with great results but they are kind of price overkill.

Now everyone wants to charge like fullrace manifolds which is rediculos.

Our its a t4 single scroll with a 60mm tial wastegate on a twinscroll T78-33d Trust turbo.

we compensate the lag with 270 custom tomei cams.But we have this in or rb25det dragon.

here a video so you can have an idea what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFGKdlt-CY

So our best option now would be to go with fullrace from now on.

The love fab I heard it comes with a warp flange due to lasen cut.

But thats not the hole problem.The real problem is that Lovefab doesn't tell you.So you most check the flange and make sure you will get proper seal.

I don't think many here need this types of manifolds.But if you do decide to go for higher power and top quality you should make sure to check warp flanges prior to install.

Now about the ones mentioned here.Well You should Have a look on the inside.For they are known for little paiticules from welding that falls of and ends up in your turbo.So please inspect them properly inside and out.