HybridZ

big ass turbochargers for sale

David K

I have a picture somewhere of me installing a new turbo in a Cessna 210. I'm sitting down next to the engine, and the turbo takes up my entire lap. It had to be at least a 18 inches long from inlet to turbine and you could fit your fist in the intake. The engine was a TSIO 520 (turbo/supercharged injected opposed 520 CI) It's a single turbo set up for a 520 CI engine, used to turbo normalize up to 25-28,000 feet (I think) so it needs to put out ALLOT of pressure. I want to say around 40 HG?

• Administrators

I purchased a huge-by-large Turbo for a DIY gas Turbine project couple years back. After much contemplation I decided I only want build this thing to make noise, not doing anything productive like produce thrust so I decided I din't need one so large and will build the DIY Turbine from a much smaller Turbo, T4 max, so this big guy is for sale, (would let it go for $150 shipped in the lower 48). Came off a Caterpillar stationary power plant, housings are over 12" diameter, 4 3/8" inlet ID, 4" outlet ID, exhaust section alone is as wide as an entire Z-32 Turbo charger! :shock:

Next to a stock 280-ZX-T Turbo;

Turb1Medium.jpg

Turb2Large.jpg

Z-32 Turbo sitting on the Exhaust outlet;

Stcked.jpg

Inlet.jpg

dia.jpg

On the extreme side, I think this is about as big as they come;

GigantorTurbo.jpg