HybridZ

bad or good?

the z car i got is completely fine and running but i didnt realize this until i got into detail with my car. the mustache bar snapped about 1/2 way in the middle and the rigged it and welded it back together. would that hold up or should i try and get another one. and its a r200 mustache bar.

• Administrators

One more thing, please be sure to read the rules before you click accept. We are sticklers about the rules here and we have a few rules such as sentence structure, (capitalization and punctuation is required), titling threads, etc that not common on most other forums. :wink:

• Administrators

We want to welcome you to HybridZ, please keep in mind that this is a tightly ran ship.

Ok i have read them il keep that in mind thanks. =]

We expect members to take the rules they agree to, to the next step beyond just "keeping them in mind". Applying them. :wink:

These two links should help explain our position more clearly;

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=131518

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139501

Hope this helps make the transition into HBZ population a smooth one.

BTW, have you checked your front differential mount? I know in the JTR V8 conversion manual, they mention that the front differential mount was a weak point in the early Z's. Their fix was a plastic shielded steel cable that was wrapped around the mount, and the secured to the cross-member with a simple u-bolt for a back-up measure.

I would guess that if you're mustache bar was cracked and "repaired", there might be some other things you want to check for peace of mind and safety.

Edited by T-Bone028
grammer