HybridZ

A tale of two sets of Weber triples...which jets would you choose for a baseline?

Konish

Fellas,

I have 2 sets of complete "jets" (for lack of a better term) for the DCOE 40s I'm going to install using the mech pump. My car info:

N42 block

1mm oversized pistons, flat top

Head: 260 E88, with stock nissan B cam

HKS 2mm head gasket

Essentially these jets came out of two complete sets of Weber triples (one is going up for sale), but before I let one go, I'm trying to decide which tune set to keep.

In taking inventory, one the respective set of jets seem to fall into the "lean" camp and the other in the "rich" camp. Here they are:

Mains:120

E-Tubes:F11

Air Corrector: 170

Pump Drains: 50

Acc. Pumps: 40

Idles: 45F9

Starter Jets: 100F5

Chokes: 28

Aux Venturis: 4.5

Mains:130

E-Tubes:F15

Air Corrector: 175

Pump Drains: 40

Acc. Pumps: 45

Idles: 55F11

Starter Jets: 100F5

Chokes: 30

Aux Venturis: 4.5

As you can see, #2 is a richer circuit overall. My concern is that the idles seem *really* rich from what I have been able to gather form the "Weber Triples" thread here on HybridZ.

Also, I know a lot of people like the F11 e-tubes and from what I could tell, they fit a wide variety of engine tunes nicely. Conversely I could find almost no info on the F15, which makes me wonder about them.

I alos like the idea of keeping the 28mm chokes. I know it isn't a popular notion for ultimate horsepower, but my car is 95% street driven and I'd like as much low end as I can get with the Triples (knowing it'll never be as well behaved day-to-day as the SUs on there now).

My car is operated at sea-level. Summers are HOT and humid here and since I will be moving to Okinawa soon, I can say that the Summers will be hotter and more humid with winters being very mild with slight humidity (lows in the 50s).

Which would you keep and/or cannabalize to make a good baseline tune from these sets for my environmentals and driving habits? 28 or 30 mm chokes given my daily driver status? F11 or F15s...inquiring minds want to know! :-)

R/

Dustin

But I'll do my best to answer some of your questions.

The F11 is richer then the F15 within the same series. The F15 is missing the lower Air Bleed holes in the E-tube. Other then that they are "cut" the same. This is why Weber is so confusing, and why I am not a fan.

You can always use the smaller choke with either combo you select. The choke will increase the Auxiliary venture velocity, might be a better choice on a daily driver.

All around I would use the second set of tuning parts, you might be richer at idle but more fuel means less risk of burnt engine parts. You might waste fuel overall and lessen your performance gains but in the end fuel is almost always cheaper then a teardown and rebuild, time and parts wise; especially on a daily driver. Just my $0.02.

Happy tuning.