HybridZ

R200 Missing Adaptor

240zBoy

I picked up this r200 with a mustache bar from a guy and figured the adapter was on the half shaft he gave me for a great deal but it wasn't. So now I am stuck with a 3.54 r200 that I want to use but only have 1 halfshaft (29 splines) and 1 adapter. Is there anyplace where I can pick up these parts or what is there I can do. I feel stuck cause I search and went to a lot of stores and still can not find anything. I even looked into the cv conversion but could not find anything about it coming with those adapters. From the pic you can see the missing adaptor on the differential as there is only one. I am young so I am on a budget and trying to learn so if you guys were in my situation what would you do. I can keep checking craigslist but i doughbt someone will give me the adaptor to. I do have the stock components from the r180 so would that adaptor work if I removed it?

dif_thumb.jpg

I think Nissan/Datsun called it the "companion flange", not adapter. Might help with your searching. They pop in and out, held in place with a circlip (I believe). Put "R-200 companion flange wanted" in Parts Wanted and you might get a hit.

Anyways I ended up finding the stub axle cause I grabbed the wrong half shaft out of my box. It was on the one he gave me. Just a quick question. I only have one 280z half shaft but since it is a 4 bolt diff swap will the other 240z halfshaft work for the other side. I heard they are the same lengths and should be fine. Is this true cause I have been told I need another 280z halfshaft to but as long as I have the 29 spline stub axle in the diff I can just bolt the 240z halfshaft I have up to it right? Kind of confusing but I guess what I need to know is are the 240z and 280z halfshafts the same.