HybridZ

Seat swap list for s30's

gvincent

I sat in a Subaru BRZ the other day and they have narrow really nice seats. Unfortunately I didn't have a tape measure with me. Does anyone have one they can measure? They look like good candidates even though at this time they are probably impossible to find.

I'd say your best bet on that one would be to call up a dealership that has the GT-86, BRZ, or FRS in stock (all have the same seats, I've driven all three cars) and just have a salesman measure them for you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a few years I've decided to pull the S2000 seats and install power 350Z seats. Got the drivers side in and all hooked up. I like it! If anyone is interested in the S2000 seats I'll let them go for $300 plus shipping.

post-53-0-48426500-1372947591_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are putting a set BMW sport seats (taken from an 84' 320i)  in our 72' 240Z.  Well ok, it is my husband's 240z but I am in charge of making it look pretty while he makes it go fast. 

The previous owner cut out the rusted floorboard and installed a diamondplate floorboard so we are using the original BMW seat rails but cygnusx1 has some photos posted on the site here somewhere on how he modified his BMW seats to fit the original Z seat rails.    We weighed them and each seat weighs 42lbs!  But still isn't bad for a multi-adjustable seat that is comfortable and sporty.  Although the bolsters are pretty stiff and very narrow...I doubt a large framed person would find them suitable.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acn5b6te3135hh4/D5xEFmW6Qv?n=80737869#/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm working on installing EVO8 seats onto my '75 280z.

post-25175-0-39833400-1384885686_thumb.jpg

Passenger's side is no problem.

post-25175-0-01026100-1384885730_thumb.jpg

Driver's side is the problem for 280z.

The tranny tunnel/Exhaust tunnel is hitting the seat.

post-25175-0-63198100-1384885786_thumb.jpg

I hit the floor by hammer hell out of it like a Barbarian, to create the clearance.

post-25175-0-44475400-1384885774_thumb.jpg

post-25175-0-08609500-1384886003_thumb.jpgpost-25175-0-91717600-1384885852_thumb.jpg

In order to remove the original rail, I used heat gun the loosen up the loctite. It's so hard to remove screws.

post-25175-0-03801400-1384886185_thumb.jpg

We are putting a set BMW sport seats (taken from an 84' 320i)  in our 72' 240Z.  Well ok, it is my husband's 240z but I am in charge of making it look pretty while he makes it go fast. 

The previous owner cut out the rusted floorboard and installed a diamondplate floorboard so we are using the original BMW seat rails but cygnusx1 has some photos posted on the site here somewhere on how he modified his BMW seats to fit the original Z seat rails.    We weighed them and each seat weighs 42lbs!  But still isn't bad for a multi-adjustable seat that is comfortable and sporty.  Although the bolsters are pretty stiff and very narrow...I doubt a large framed person would find them suitable.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acn5b6te3135hh4/D5xEFmW6Qv?n=80737869#/

I got a set of those for my '71. With the stock seat mount risers, the seats sit high with the stock Datsun seat rails. A smaller diameter steering wheel makes getting easier/possible.

Dennis

I am running Evo 8 MR seats from a Jap Import in my 240Z with a half cage. The Jap import seats seem to be a little narrower than the export seats (like Australia for example).

I have used the sliders that came with the seats and redrilled the front seat mounts of the Datsun to suit. The rear seat mounts are custom and have been lowered to drop the seat height. I am only 5'6 so not such a big issue for me. With my race helmet on I have about 40mm of headroom.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how well the RSX type s seats fit? i really like the look of those bad boys and Im 6 feet tall, just wondering how they would do for me.

Thanks

I have a black leather set with perforated center sections I had looked into fitting the pre-form foam and covers to a set of z steel frames. Its a nice seat with lots of support and looks at home in our cabins. It might require some welding in of the shoulder tubes and a headrest cut-out hole for the port since the stocker is just flat sheet metal. But it would keep the lower seat profile as the RSX bottom is lofty....too much so for remaining stock and being useful.

It would be a cool retro fit and give the best of both worlds. I'll be selling them in SoCal soon if there are any interested parties that would be interested in picking them up.

I'm too deep in adapting my Z4 M coupe seats to turn back now.

They are Recaro Classic model 'C', an aftermarket dealer option on various European cars during the late 70's early 80's.

Top of the line, no doubt; I would love to get my hands on some vintage Recaro goodness!

Hmmm, I was kind of a seat,wheel whore for some time. I just sold my late edition Recaro's but did hang onto a near perfect set of black leather-(non power) Type C Recaro's that are stored in southern Missouri. I was just talking to my friend who is storing a lot of my stuff there in consideration of listing them for sale if your interested? I sold the BMW 5-series they were going into. It was a wide body AC Schnitzer S5 car with all of that tuners goodies from the era.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I was kind of a seat,wheel whore for some time. I just sold my late edition Recaro's but did hang onto a near perfect set of black leather-(non power) Type C Recaro's that are stored in southern Missouri. I was just talking to my friend who is storing a lot of my stuff there in consideration of listing them for sale if your interested? I sold the BMW 5-series they were going into. It was a wide body AC Schnitzer S5 car with all of that tuners goodies from the era.

Still got those recaro c seats ...pm me if you do I would be interested .

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Corbeau Clubman installed in my late '74 260.  Easiest seat install ever....the seat is narrow, non-reclining, and I did a "fixed-mount" installation (i.e. no rails).  Fabbed mounting brackets from 1.5" flat bar, shaped to mimic the lower portion of the stock seat sliders.  I plan on using this seat during the racing season, and then swapping my Recaro knock-offs back in for street use during the off-season.

post-4224-0-45672800-1395696266_thumb.jpg  post-4224-0-83394300-1395696274_thumb.jpg

Edited by jhm