HybridZ

My 71 240z Build. (going to be a slow one)

I bought this off of a person I found on another Z forum. I bought her back in June of 09 but unfortunately was not able to get it here till yesterday. She needs everything. I do mean everything. I'm almost afraid to start with anything. Its kinda overwhelming when I start thinking about it. I think ill manage though. Its going to be an extremely slow build though. I leave for Afghanistan in less than than two weeks. My plans are up in the air with pretty much everything. Paint, how I want it done. The power train, (V8,Or what not.) Wheels, I have no Idea. Well here are some crappy pics. Enjoy.:D

20645_thumb.attach

20646_thumb.attach

100_0878_thumb.jpg

100_0875_thumb.jpg

Edited by johndaniel.b.coffin
Trying to figure out the pictures.

Haven't done much do to upcoming deployment. I have removed the crappy exterior door rubber strip.( The rubber piece that protects the door from dings and whatnot). Sorry no pictures. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I really want to just strip it down, Get rid of all the "junk" that is just wasting space. Still a little apprehensive though. I think that ill probably do allot when I come home for R&R later in the year. Well see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a little update, I should have my new rims at the house by the end of the day. I bought the Black RB-R's in 16x8. I also bought a set of black lugnuts. I should have tires bye the end of this month. Up next, well, I have no idea. I am trading my fuel door that has the knob with a latter one that(in my opinion) is cleaner. I'm thinking that my next purchase will either be a new lowering spring and strut/shock set or a coilover set. Big difference in performance and price. Still debating though.Like I said it was going to be a slow one.

Just a little update, I should have my new rims at the house by the end of the day. I bought the Black RB-R's in 16x8. I also bought a set of black lugnuts. I should have tires bye the end of this month. Up next, well, I have no idea. I am trading my fuel door that has the knob with a latter one that(in my opinion) is cleaner. I'm thinking that my next purchase will either be a new lowering spring and strut/shock set or a coilover set. Big difference in performance and price. Still debating though.Like I said it was going to be a slow one.

Hey don't worry on a project being slow. The average full project takes 10 years. I myself pulled my car down 3 years ago and am only just really getting to the point of getting it back together again.

That I think is the hardest thing for me is to be patient. I just received my rims, and my wife just ordered my tires the other day. We have decided that every payday from here on out, I can order whatever I need (within reason) until my deployment is over. She questioned me yesterday with "why are you ordering all this stuff when you don't have an engine? Shouldn't that be the first thing you get?" I replied with, "Normally, yes. But unfortunately, You cant do that for me. I mean really. Could you see yourself in a junkyard pulling what I want?" She laughs. Approximately I have seven more months to go. Then its on.

That can be seven months of planning and envisioning the out come. Deciding exactly what you want. But do not let your mind stray unless you are in a safe zone. Bring yourself and crew home safe, body and mind. Lots of time planning will save you time and money in the long run. No matter how long it takes to build, you will still get the same level of satisfaction when you get behind the wheel.

That can be seven months of planning and envisioning the out come. Deciding exactly what you want. But do not let your mind stray unless you are in a safe zone. Bring yourself and crew home safe, body and mind. Lots of time planning will save you time and money in the long run. No matter how long it takes to build, you will still get the same level of satisfaction when you get behind the wheel.

It is extremely true, take your time. It's hard, (well not for me, I can't afford anything anyways) but the longer you have to plan it out, the happier you'll be, and the less money you'll waste. If I had bought all of the junk for my car I initially wanted, it would've been a huge disappointment.

Why is it that people use so much bondo? It makes no sense to me. My car had an inch thick shell completely around it. Well that's a harsh exaggeration, but there was quite a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, This year has been a hard one for me. I am almost home. I should be home in about a month or so. I'm glad to be leaving 2010. Recap for those that are interested, I deployed to Afghanistan in February, In June my mom was murdered, and then in September my wife left me. But I will be able to work on my Z as soon as I return home. It has been on my mind a lot. So much to do and am excited about starting.

Well, This year has been a hard one for me. I am almost home. I should be home in about a month or so. I'm glad to be leaving 2010. Recap for those that are interested, I deployed to Afghanistan in February, In June my mom was murdered, and then in September my wife left me. But I will be able to work on my Z as soon as I return home. It has been on my mind a lot. So much to do and am excited about starting.

Daym guy... that's a hell of a hit to take while being deployed. You have my best wishes....

joel