HybridZ

Who has a good selection of imported JDM deep dish 15" & 16" wheels?

I always see those classic Japanese sports cars with the deepest old school wheels imaginable. Then I start looking for wheels here in the US and find nothing, wth? I check ebay but rarely do you see a sick pair of deep dish smaller wheels.

I would think someone would be rummaging through Japanese junk yards, auto shops, ect. in Japan, finding these old wheels, and importing them to the U.S. and turning a nice little profit. Is it just that they are equally as rare in Japan?

I am planning on faking it a while with the XXR 513's, but eventually I wanna go deep dish. I love the look of slammed datsun's on a smaller wheel and a smaller tire.

Something like this: (are these indians?)

1cr08.jpg

Something like this: (are these indians?)

1cr08.jpg

those are SSR MKIII. the places i always go to drool is:

club4ag forum (hachi guys, same 4x114.3 and they always have good jdm wheels)

infinitwheels.com (so cal based shop. good selection, not too much deep dish though)

rbmotoring.com (kind of like infinit, but with less 4x114.3 and more 17's 18's and 19's)

rarejdmwheels.blogspot.com (guy is based out of malaysia i think. fantastic pricing (even with shipping), great packaging and quality wheels although he caters more towards toyota owners. he stocks a lot of TOM'S wheels.)

i found my SSR longchamps on club4ag for a good price ($900, $1100 shipped to hawaii). 15x7.5 -7 and 15x8 -14. not as crazy as some people, but i'm stuffing these under stock fenders. i'm too much of a wuss to cut up my fenders for flares even though i <3 flares.