HybridZ

'cuda hood scoops

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i just wanted some feed back on this. i had a idea of what i wnat to do to my hood for the whole custom look. before my z i was restobuilding a '74 charger and found what i think to be some of the best hood scoops (shape wise)

they are the hood scoops used on barracuda R/Ts. i really want to put a set of these on my z i even found a website that sells them cheap.

www.martelbros.com/up/barracuda.htm item# br-200r/l and br-102

i just wanted to know what ou guys think and also ask where i can buy a fiberglass hood for my z to put these on. it is a 79 280zx.

thanks much!

i just wanted some feedback

------------------

how was I to know that it would do that!..heh..cool...do it again!

Guest Fast Frog

MSA makes replacement fiberglass hood scoops for the 300ZX Turbo. I grafted one on my 76 hood 7 yrs ago when I had my car still turbocharged. I left it on after I went 383. I think the price at the time was under $100. If you look close at my ride in the Featured Cars section, you can see it. One may want to have a slightly larger scoop in the center of the hood or two smaller scoops, like mine, one on each side.

Rick

Z-freak,

In all my dreaming about a custom hood; I've narrowed it down to a few ideas (by the way I have a 78z).

Either using a late 90's Camaro SS scoop, similiar to Franks, using something similiar to the Viper; you know, a small trianglular inlet...I thought that would look good right at the onset of the center bulge in the hood. That would be low provile & effective.

My other option was to use the factory hood vents & connect an aftermarket Ram Air Box to the vents & attach a scoop on top of each vent; the scoop I'ld get from a Mid-80's Bi-Turbo Hood 300ZXT, it I could find one in the salvage yards: that would also be low profile, effective & those around would know something under your hood was about to grab hold of'em & not let go.

Kevin,

[This message has been edited by Kevin Shasteen (edited February 17, 2001).]