HybridZ

Anyone tried one of the Cheap Ebay Plasma Cutters?

namz7791

I am in the market for a plasma cutter and you can get some of the knock-off cutters from Ebay for under $400. Has anyone ever tried one of these and do they work? I expect that they wont last as long as a name brand but can buy 3 of them for the price of the name brand. Thanks

I have had 2 of them and they cut but not the thickness that they say they cut. I use them to cut sheet metal up to 3/16" easily. It will cut 1/4" and 1/2" but you need to run them on 220v and only cut very short distances. The duty cycle is a lot slower than other machines. Like I said I cut sheet metal a lot it cuts it like butter. The metal has to be very clean no paint and no rust. I would buy another one if these gave out. I have had one for 2 years and its still working. Give it a good work out for the 1st 15days if its gonna blow it will do it then.

I have a gianttech tig/plasma/arc welder I think it's a ct520. I love the thing, I cut some think stuff with it, The tig is bada$$ and for the money you can't beat it. I spent 675.00 shipped with a foot pedal and some other stuff. It comes with a 3 year warranty. I have welded and cut with the thing all day long with no problems.

We purchased one of from Gianttech. Used to cut floor from my 260. It seemed to work OK. Had a problem with the seller though. It seemed they forgot to ship it. I waited 2 weeks before I called them and they said they forgot to ship before leaving town. Took 3 weeks to get it.

• 1 month later...

I personally have the Cut 50 as well. No issues to this day, and I've had it for almost 2 years now.

Although I would like to find a place to find new tips and such. If anyone has info, please e-mail me.

You can buy the consumables for the cut 50 on ebay. Most of the sellers have a 20 piece set.