HybridZ

wider zg flare?

Hoover

The wide ZG flares that 280zforce sells are $390 for a set. They are a 10 bucks cheaper than those eBay ones and probably much better quality too. I'm definately thinking about getting a set myself. They look freaking awesome.

i don't know the quality of the e-bay ones (probably not very good, but they do have a good rating with a 7-day return policy) but they are $100 for all 4 and free shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the finishing kit for my existing Motorsports ZG Flares. It really sets the flares off. However, I had drilled larger holes for my existing flares than the screws that came with the flares. I went to Home Depot and found some tapered brass screws that would fit inside of the plastic grommet and still be able to have the cap put on. Well worth the effort.

the ebay ones are actually $290 less... probably not very good. but not $400

Yeah, I noticed that after someone else brought it up. I thought it was $100 for one flare because the ebay description, well, kinda sucks to say the least.

I bought the wide Carbon fiber ZG flares frome Zforce (Justin) about a year ago. They were not excelent quality or anything, but good enough for my purposes. I live near him so I just picked them up no issues. You just have to buy from him when he has it in hand or else you will wait the better part of your life for the part. Anyway don't want to get into that discussion again, but if you are interested in what they look like, I have pictures of them in the projects forum.

I would like that very much. Wondering about how they compare to the picture he has on his website. Also he told me last week he has one set left I can pick up but he hasn't responded since. Not the most punctual guy all around. I want to see them and hopefully buy them, but I'm not paying full price if they look beat up or anything.

I just got the pictures taken, due to their size I will link to the album.

In case anyone is wondering these were taken on the hood of a 1983 Porsche 928S.

Pictures

If anyone wants more pictures try to let me know before the the weekend is over, I plan to mount them this weekend.

Edited by kilten_one

• 2 weeks later...

After several weeks he just got back to me. He said his shop has been very busy (noticed on the website he mentioned being down for a while and revamping).

"I'm hoping the shop has some extra sets ready for me next week and I'll give you a ring... I don't have the extra set anymore after I closely inspected it, I didn't like the way it was cut after production so they are redoing it."

Funny he touched on being cut poorly like one of you mentioned earlier. Perhaps now he is trying to up the quality of his parts because of their low reputation?

• 1 year later...