HybridZ

S30 unibody made of composites...

Leon

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we also have a 2+2 260 (i think) that is going to go through the same process.

Oh I hope this is true this would be amazing for us 2+2 guys it would solve so many parts issues. This is just awesome, just think how much easier it would be to mod the body or build it so it has a removable metal frame instead of a unibody.

Re: GRP 240 shells & panels

Posted by: Throttleton

Date: Today, 04:26PM

Hi guys

spoke to Guy at work and here are a few more details on the shells & panels:)

Body tub is complete frp (Fibre Reinforced Polymer) monocoque. It is a lot stronger than OE datsun tub.

It does have the Steel tubing incorporated in the laminate from bulkhed, up screen pillars through roof perimeter etc.

Inner sills, rear quarters double skinned like original tub but marine grade foam filled (for extra coolness :)

these features put altogether make this into a very strong safety cell. Regardless of intended use, whether it be track or road, motor-sport or daily driver.

Tub + all frp panels Sub 150Kg (330 pounds)

It does not mount to a z chassis as it is a FRP monocoque.

Also said that he wouldn't really recommend the chassis exactly like the one he has in the pics. Instead He would go for a much simpler bulkhead fitting version that could easily be built buy us or (from our plans) by your local garage maybe yourself if you have the skills?:)

Shell + all panels £3750.00 (individual panel prices if needed tomorrow)

shipping around the world should not be a problem in this day & age, so will enquire about that when/if necessary :D

I was surprised at the price, I definitely think there would be a market for these, although not a big one. I wonder how hard it would be to make it street legal, if you really wanted to...

Easy... you buy a "donor" car to convert it into fiberglass, paint it, cover the inside as usual with carpet and all else, and use the donor's vin number. Who would suspect it is a fiberglass body?

Hi Guys,

Its Me Throttleton, the guy who posted the stuff about the 240 shells & panels on the zcars website.

Leon pointed me in the direction of this site/thread (thanks Leon:)

I have now joined up, so if you have any questions or need pics/info, or want to discuss building anything for your cars from FRP then you can now get in touch easily:)

cheers guys

Throttleton