HybridZ

HEHE Z31 Stock intake fits Backwards!!!

RUZN

So Im building a couple Z31's. As posted previously I have been wanting to make one engine Twin Turbo VG30ETT and the other just a Gas saving semi fun car lol.

So I have picked up a 1984 Arizona Z and recently got a FREE yes FREE 1987 N/A with all leather interior and Black dash and stuff hehe.

Anyway in staring to Mod a customers vehicle a friend and I have notice the Z31 intake fits backwards on the plenum and still clears all obsticles. only real close part is the timing cover but it actually clears it still by a couple mills..

Anyway I will post pics as they are on my laptop I realized but we basically chopped off the side intake welded that hole shut and then cut a Square out of the Backside of the intake (which is now the front) and mounted a 240sx Bigger throttle body on that.

Couple kewl things we noticed. More room to access lower parts and injectors. the Plenum now dosent hang so close to the exhaust near firewall infact there is over 60% less Aluminum to gather heat from the exhaust thus making your charge air so much cooler. Also! makes it nice for turbo aplications and NA as you free up tons of room all around. Ill post pics with

Both the Pathfinder (ported) intake and stock (Backwardzzz) Z31 intake

Our new creations name is:

Mr. Z & Mr. 2 OEM automotive Engineering.

We will be accepting cores and converting them to the new design Pending our finished product and Dyno numbers and flow charts. We hope the gains will be good overall so that all of you all can have a semi stock looking plenum without paying huge bucks for ones that might not fit perfect or have to be redrilled ect. ect.

Stock fits absolutely perfect backwards hehe.. Weird hey

300zx mods 019_thumb.jpg

300zx mods 020_thumb.jpg

300zx mods 034_thumb.jpg

300zx mods 021_thumb.jpg

300zx mods 033_thumb.jpg

The mating surface and bolt pattern are symmetrical, of course you can turn it around... was there someone saying you couldn't? Most people that want an intake entry right there just grab a maxima VG30 plenum because it already has the TB right there, and bolts straight on. For Z31 hood clearance you can angle the TB down a little bit with some pipe welded on. This would be a much more efficient way of the design you are trying to achieve.

• 2 weeks later...