HybridZ

Alternative Rim solution...?

Hey bros and hoes,

I work at a pawnbrokers and there are a set (4) rims with decent tread tyres coming out for sale soon. Theyre nothing flash, but seeing how I could get the fullset for around 249, Im not complaining.

Now the original goal is to get a full set of ROTA RB-Rs with some phat tyres, however money is going elsewhere at the moment and I just need something thatll pass the pits.

Rims : Manaray eurobein WP767

17x7JJ 4x114.3 620kgpw

Tyres : 205/40/ZR17 84W XL

I'm worried the width of the rim and tyre is too small for my 240, the car has KING Coilovers running stock rims at the moment, however due to bigger brake upgrades in the front and back, need bigger rims, and want to avoid the dramas of flares until I start doing the bodywork.

Question : Are they going to work, or am I better off just saving up and getting the better product?

Its all about the wheel offset to determine how well they fit. If you end up with 0 offset using spacers 17x7 will fill the wheel well fine. I am running 17x7 with 40 offset and 36mm (1.4") spacers to get close to 0 offset. I use 215/50 tires that fill the openings.

205 40 17's are 1.5" smaller in diameter than the oem tire. It always looks silly to me when a car has tires with an undersized diameter. Plus, a smaller diameter tire will run hotter and have a lower traction limit. Not to mention that the speedometer will be off.

A 205 50 17's would be a more appropriate size. 225 45 17's and 255 40 17's will also maintain the stock diameter.

Nigel

'73 240ZT