HybridZ

1980 10th ann project

abc_was_here

Thanks guys I finally got the motor in my garage and im going to start ripping into it tomorrow!

@copperdatsun76: Yup Tigard, I wish I would have checked this sooner, did you by any chance go to Canby this last weekend? Meeting up would be pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Well worked on the car finally now im just working on pulling the harness out!

IMG_2229.jpg

my ever delightful girlfriend helping

IMG_2225.jpg

Shes having fun!

IMG_2226.jpg

NO motor

IMG_2231.jpg

After all new gaskets and water pump. Also basic cleaning of intake ports and ported the manifold for a 60mm throttle body. along with cleaning the block itself up..hopefully a few days of degreaser and a pressure washer can help..

IMG_2222.jpg

Edited by abc_was_here

Thanks man. Ya the quarter is a huge bummer cause thats really the one thing I am not confident with.. body work.. One day someday it will get repaired along with the rear tail light area as well.

You know I think Im done with the wiring at this point I finished up everything tonight to do with the wiring. Who knows though the true test will come in the next few days when I try and start it.

Thanks man, and I used my original NA flywheel and clutch. It just looked to be in really good shape. I still have the turbo flywheel and clutch, it just looked like the PO didnt really know how to drive a manual. He even claimed it to be basically new.

In other news, I drove the car around today, it needs some tuning and Im going to take it to an exhaust shop to connect it to the rest of my full system exhaust so I can hear myself think and listen to the motor clearer. It sounds okay when im driving it, but there seems to be a slight miss. It also will not hold an idle currently unless a vacuum line is disconnected.

Well the car runs and drives pretty darn good at lower rpms and not in boost. It seems to miss once I hit any kind of boost. I also still cannot figure out why it wont idle. Im guessing a few hoses I have might be a problem. May also be a AFM problem as the PO decided it was a good idea to play with the mechanisms inside.

I still need to clean up the wiring by the coil cause I was still playing with it hoping for it to be a factor. I also think Ive got leaky injector. it holds great fuel pressure for around 2-3 hours.

IMG_2264.jpg

Oh well I guess I just need more time to work on it. Two jobs makes things a little difficult.