HybridZ

rb25det swap checklist

Dizzy321

Ok, so I've been going throughout the many post on here trying to come up with a final checklist of parts needed for the rb25 swap.

The sticky was the most informative and I thank you thank you thank you for taking the time out to make it.

Ok so here we go:

1. rb25det engine

2. r-33 GTS-T 5 speed tranny

3. r-200 LSD

4. drive shaft

5. custom oil pan ?

6. sump

7. bosch 44 fuel pump (NO MSD!)

8. SDS EMS

9. exhaust

10. rear disc brake conversion

11. Gauges

12. Motor mounts

13. trans mount

14. Intercooler

15. Intercooler piping

16. Water Pump

17. Timing belt

18. Hoses

19. Fuel lines

20. radiator

21. New Idler

22. Tensioner pulleys

23. New Belts

24. Spark plugs

25. Clutch

Thats all that I could muster up. I'm not a big car techy so I could be leaving alot of things out. Hopefully I didn't.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I do/don't need, please let me have know. Thanks in advance:icon14:

I know this could possibly lead to alot of "USE SEARCH" but I assure you that I did. I practically spent all night and all day today trying to compile all the things I needed.

Daft as it sounds all I would say would be to make sure the parts are as complete as poss

i.e the engine to be complete with sensors, turbo, manifolds, starter and alt etc

Aswell as the box to have its stick and switch's

Will save time and money in the long run

New idler and tensioner pulleys are cheap insurance for your timing belt. Don't forget other basic maintenance parts like belts and spark plugs too. Mine isn't together yet, but believe me it all adds up. Kinda curious why the SDS and LSD. Nistune is a good option for tuning, and maybe a CV axle conversion before going LSD. I guess it all depends on what you're planning on using the car for...

I'm just building it to be a daily driver with a monster's heart.

I'm not that knowledgable about different parts, I'm still doing a lot of learning, but in Stony's write-up he included the SDS and LSD so I assume its needed.

I'm just gathering information for everything I need so that I can get it all and have a shop install

added:

New Idler

Tensioner pulleys

New Belts

Spark plugs

Thanks for all the input guys.

You have no idea how much its appreciated.

Clutch and bosch 44 fuel pump added.

As for the NIStune, I would take the car somewhere to get professionally tuned. I wouldnt know left from right if I attempted to do it myself.:icon45:

I run the SDS and it is nice and easy. The nicest part is that there barely any wiring. If you are looking for a nice clean engine bay I like the standalone. I have heard good things about the Bosch pump, I went with the CSL392 walbro. Thought it was going to be really loud but not bad at all.

thanks for the all the input guys!

I'm trying to figure out how to edit my post to include the updates for the checklist.

But all post have been noted.

Thanks especially for the bolt tip, I'd hate to junk the engine before even enjoying it.

• 4 months later...

Does it specifically matter what trans it is? I see u say r33 gts-t trans. Does it have to be that trans. My importer says they can't specify like that. They said it would be an rb25det with it's matched trans.

Beware that some importers will give you a 25 with the weaker RB20 trans.

BTW, the Datsuns have a mechanical speedo; whereas the RB's use an electric speedo.

I was trying to do it stock for now and upgrade later. Why does everyone recommend the greddy so much? I even read a few posts that said it was needed to do the install. I tried searching and never found why it's so recommended.

You don't have to do it... for me personally it's easier to work on the car, it shortens up the piping (better response)... for example changing spark plugs underneath the coil pack cover it's wayyyy wayyyy easier without the crossover manifold. Also you get some better clearances with the hood and what not... what it boils down to is how much you want to spend, and what you are happy with.

My biggest reason to not doing the stock manifold was the stupid piping you would have to run if you wanted a cross flow intercooler