HybridZ

Bedliner for the exterior?

rigez

It makes sense on a big and bulky 4x4 trail rig, especially when you are rubbing up against rocks, trees, and never exceed 55mph. I think the bedliner would ruin the aesthetics of the car, and possibly the aerodynamics, and also the prementioned weight gain. Also, a friend of mine did it to a 4x4, and it faded later horribly...

Cheers

Ryan~

As far as the aerodynamics go it would actually HELP it at high speeds. This was proven with a golf ball on Myth Busters and for the weight I would think it would be about the same as painting with a good Zinc primer. That stuff is HEAVY!

• 1 month later...

Is his hood opened like that because he's such a hardcore drifter?

hey guys, every scene needs retards, the music scene has the hardcore punk kids who were born in the wrong decade and the car scene has honda owners.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the aerodynamics go it would actually HELP it at high speeds. This was proven with a golf ball on Myth Busters....

Adding just any random texture to a surface does not necessarily make things more aerodynamic. As much as I love MythBusters (who doesn't?), they are not the utmost authority on everything, and sometimes I disagree with some of their results and techniques. (in this example they only tested on a straight mile, without taking into account variables like wind and temperature.)

Regardless, if texture made things faster why don't race cars, jets, bullets, trains, etc. have textured surfaces? High speed aircraft and jets do the complete opposite of a golf ball's dimpling, creating as smooth a surface with no interruptions in airflow. This is call laminar flow, and keeping the airflow laminar for the greatest distance back from the leading edge of the wing makes for the most efficient airflow=fastest speeds=greatest fuel economy=greatest range. Trust me, if you could prove that textures make something more aerodynamic you'd be the richest man alive!

/minirant

th_SpeedHoles.jpg

I used rattle can Truck Bed Liner on my '77 2+2, and it actually came out halfway decent. It's definitely not perfect, but I like it. Came out like a rougher than normal Flat Black that's also durable.

That Integra looks terrible.

It all depends on what kind you use and how thick it is.

I like how it came out on my car at the very least.

I suppose you guys can judge for yourselves:

dsc00273z.jpg

dsc00265or.jpg

dsc00269lw.jpg

dsc00275z.jpg

dsc00270uv.jpg

dsc00271x.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the bed liner idea. I need paint on my 75 280. I don't have alot of money, i not good at preping perfict body pannels. I was thinking about doing the $50 rusto roll on job, or a flat black temporary paint job,and now i'm thinking about this bedliner idea. it just looks tuff, like a rat rod or something. I'm not all about the shiny paint and chrome. i like diving my car fast. I'd do it.

sorry about the spelling

I know of a guy who chopped the roof off his VW Van, and then painted it chocolate brown trim and light tan WRINKLE PAINT back long ago. He used the van to move tourists through the national forest and it was the only paint he could put on it that didn't scratch going through the pine limbs all the time. Eventually someone gave him a Bullwinkle Doll, and at artistic type airbrushed a Bullwinkle on the side of the van (just Bullwinkle's Head).

Even further on, a large set of plywood antlers got affixed across the header...

You guys are gnashing at Rhino-Lining as an Exterior Treatment?

Good Gawd Man! Where are the TEETH?

The Antlers?

The HOOVES?

A little texture never hurt anybody! It's just that it's so incomplete of a treatment! :D