HybridZ

New to forum, need some info/help/opinions

Manniacz

Hey everyone, I'm new to the 240z, and to this forum. I have a 95 300zxtt. So I know about the Z32's.

Anyhow, I just picked up a 71 240z It's got the L24, with a stage 3 cam.

I've been reading up as much as I can on the S30, and have searched through this forum as well. I'm a bit torn as to which route to take with my car.

I initially bought it, thinking I would be doing a SR20DET swap.

However, I am looking at a bunch of different option other than the SR20. I want to stay Nissan so the following are what I am thinking...

RB25DET

RB26DETT

VG30DETT

What all would I need in order to do a RB25DET or RB26DETT?

Is there a list someone has that they can share?

Can I use any of the parts I've listed below that I already have in my possession?

Is going with one motor better than the other? As far as HP goals are concerned. I'm aiming for somewhere in the 400 to 500 range rear wheel.

I already have a VG30DETT long block with upper, and lower plenum along with a 5 speed sitting in my garage. I just need to get the block refreshed. I also have JWT Sport 530 turbos, JWT#400 cams, HKS intercoolers, stock intercooler piping, ECU, wiring harness, and 370cc injectors. I'd still need some parts to complete the motor...

However, I'm finding that VG30DETT is not as easy to swap as a RB motor is due to availability of motor mounts, etc...

Any and all help is appreciated....Thanks everyone....

The search tool on this tread will be you best friend. Also, view all the STICKY'S here. They have most of the info you are looking for. As for me, I choose the RB25 because it was the most cost effective. It comes with a 5 speed and fits well in the S30. The RB26 is an AWD trans and requires the purchase of the RB25 5 speed to fit. In so, the RB25 can be quite costly.

Good luck and read up.........

Hey everyone, I'm new to the 240z, and to this forum. I have a 95 300zxtt. So I know about the Z32's.

Anyhow, I just picked up a 71 240z It's got the L24, with a stage 3 cam.

I've been reading up as much as I can on the S30, and have searched through this forum as well. I'm a bit torn as to which route to take with my car.

I initially bought it, thinking I would be doing a SR20DET swap.

However, I am looking at a bunch of different option other than the SR20. I want to stay Nissan so the following are what I am thinking...

RB25DET

RB26DETT

VG30DETT

What all would I need in order to do a RB25DET or RB26DETT?

Is there a list someone has that they can share?

Can I use any of the parts I've listed below that I already have in my possession?

Is going with one motor better than the other? As far as HP goals are concerned. I'm aiming for somewhere in the 400 to 500 range rear wheel.

I already have a VG30DETT long block with upper, and lower plenum along with a 5 speed sitting in my garage. I just need to get the block refreshed. I also have JWT Sport 530 turbos, JWT#400 cams, HKS intercoolers, stock intercooler piping, ECU, wiring harness, and 370cc injectors. I'd still need some parts to complete the motor...

However, I'm finding that VG30DETT is not as easy to swap as a RB motor is due to availability of motor mounts, etc...

Any and all help is appreciated....Thanks everyone....