HybridZ

New layout.

hoov100

I am having issues viewing attachments as well, the error message is all that shows up. A member tried to sned me a pm, and it showed that I was unable to recieve new messages. I tried to send a couple myself and got the same thing back.

I am not complaining, just wanted to make the problems known.

I appreciate all of the hard work in getting the new layout going.

• Administrators

Hey Dan,

While I am at it, is there any way to have a feature where clicking on links just opens a new tab or new page. It seems with the new layout everytime I click a link I am taken away from the forum. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure if there is an option to do that or not. I will take a look.

To be honest, there are SO many settings in this new software I am still trying to learn what everything does. biggrin.gif

• Administrators

I am having issues viewing attachments as well, the error message is all that shows up. A member tried to sned me a pm, and it showed that I was unable to recieve new messages. I tried to send a couple myself and got the same thing back.

I am not complaining, just wanted to make the problems known.

I appreciate all of the hard work in getting the new layout going.

What was the error message and did it give you a error code like [#10323] ?

A member tried to sned me a pm, and it showed that I was unable to recieve new messages. I tried to send a couple myself and got the same thing back.

Check and see how many PMs you have. The new limit is 100 and the old was 250. You could be over the new limit even though you were under the old.

• Administrators

Hey Dan,

While I am at it, is there any way to have a feature where clicking on links just opens a new tab or new page. It seems with the new layout everytime I click a link I am taken away from the forum. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Fixed, I think.

• Administrators

Hello - am I missing something obvious? I don't see a way to just "view new posts since last visit" or "view new posts from the last 24 hours."

User CP change:

Search Settings

• View New Content Method

Then click the link in the upper right corner called View New Content

or, down the page just below the forum list is a link called Today's active content

And the limit for Donating Members is 1500, I'm just saying...

I sold some parts to an admin member here and he made a $50.00 donation in my name not quite a year ago. So to me My name should stil be in bold blue marked as a silver donating member. I'm just saying.......

BTW, I do plan on donating when my tax refund arrives.

Thanks,

Jason

jbk240z

What was the error message and did it give you a error code like [#10323] ?

I don't remember the error code, but all seems well, with that anyway.

I just tried to send you a pm and it said you were unable to recieve any new messages?

I know you guys are still debugging this new layout, keep up the good work.

• Administrators

I don't remember the error code, but all seems well, with that anyway.

I just tried to send you a pm and it said you were unable to recieve any new messages?

I know you guys are still debugging this new layout, keep up the good work.

Ill take care of it. Could you give me a date when you donated? or at least the month?

Dan

Not sure if there is an option to do that or not. I will take a look.

To be honest, there are SO many settings in this new software I am still trying to learn what everything does. biggrin.gif

+1 on that issue. It takes you off site when clicking on a link, and the only way back is to hit the back button repeatedly... Thanks fr looking into it Dan.

I'm with Kiwi303 - the new version takes considerably longer to load. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, and access the internet via a Verizon Wireless USB modem.

Also, several of my recent attempts to post have resulted in nought; my message simply disappeared into the ether.

• Administrators

I'm with Kiwi303 - the new version takes considerably longer to load. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, and access the internet via a Verizon Wireless USB modem.

Also, several of my recent attempts to post have resulted in nought; my message simply disappeared into the ether.

At work we are forced to use IE6 and it is painfully slow to load the site. I tested it using IE8 and Chrome and it is significantly faster. I suggest Chrome.