HybridZ

Severe Bad taste

AkumaZ

I remember seeing that car at the MSA show back in 2006 I think. The 10th anniversary show. The car was swarmed all day long by people trying to get a glimpse of it. It even won a award that day. I must admit I'm not a fan of the cheese grating shround around the engine. Everything else on the build is nicely executed IMO.

I remember seeing that car at the MSA show back in 2006 I think. The 10th anniversary show. The car was swarmed all day long by people trying to get a glimpse of it. It even won a award that day. I must admit I'm not a fan of the cheese grating shround around the engine. Everything else on the build is nicely executed IMO.

I don't like the tail lights, the dumb badge or the honeycomb. Other than that, great engine choice, dash is alright, I like the stock z dash or 240sx dash doesn't look to bad.

I don't like the tail lights, the dumb badge or the honeycomb. Other than that, great engine choice, dash is alright, I like the stock z dash or 240sx dash doesn't look to bad.

Yeah I guess the general body is good, I probably should have been a bit more clear on what I think is a monstrosity. its just the honeycomb and badges(eg: the supercharged badge in the engine bay when its not...at all.) that I despise the most. Im iffy on the tail lights and I barely stand the 350z interior. maybe Im just bias to keeping the interior styling classic 240 than the plastic fantastic 350.(IMO)

I like the overall body work on the car. I'm mixed about the tail lights and do not like the badging. I love the look of it though and it must Be pretty quick with that powerplant. I doubt I'd likethe interrier though because I love the old z interrior. Either way this car has a lot of time and money into it and I can respect that, even if I don agree with all of the modifications.

Obviously you havent seen this car in person, Akuma. Those blogs are like the cool kids teasing the nerds in school, only for the nerds to grow up and do bigger and better things than the bully.

I don't see what seeing the car in person has to do with anything. It's either tasteful, or it's not. I'm gessing you like it. Personally, I'm with the OP. I don't care for it at all.

I don't have much that's favorable to say about the badges and honeycomb, but the overall front-end treatment is almost EXACTLY the right approach for reducing drag and front-end lift (even better woudl be to close off the headlight sugar scoops). From the viewpoint of aerodynamics, this is far superior to the G-nose.

Wow I wasn't expecting so much variation in views of it. personally its not what I would do to a 240 if I had one. I prefer suttle and clean rather than ostentatious stupidity :lol: but everyone's to there own and Im ok with that

The question really should be "can I do this better personally, or not?" hell, for that matter, could I do it at all? Not a matter of WOULD I do it, but COULD I physically do the work at the same level.

If I can't, I'll rarely negatively comment.

Unfortunately most people haven't been taught that bit of fabricators' etiquette.

I mean, you got very good fabrication here, and guys are worried that the personalization touches ruin the total concept. That Venus has no arms does not detract from what remains. I guess we need a post to what is 'best' for grilles that are acceptable for early Z Cars. And which badges are 'best'. And which placement and number of badges is 'best'...

BTW, keep in mind this car was at the show the first year the 350Z was introduced. There were still people waiting on their cars and this guy got a 350 (pretty complete apparently) AND an early 240Z, AND put it together to this level by the third weekend in MARCH to be in this show.

Badging and grilles aside, guys THINK about what kind of effort that entails. How many people opining negatively have a completed car that is an overall show winner, and how many are in 'permanent project status'?

That this car was completed in time for this show, and was driven in from across the valley is a staggering accomplishment IMHO.

Edited by Tony D

Aesthetics is subjective. I don't see a pressing need to post about all the crap that I see that I don't like, especially if it's an aesthetic issue. I'd have 20,000 posts... :wink: I also don't see a need to show respect for someone else's aesthetic taste because they are able to put stuff together. If you put together a Yugo with a Chevy Cavalier drivetrain in 2 days that might be impressive in terms of fabrication, but don't come to me for comments about how great it looks.

Now if you want to talk about a really bad taste, have your tonsils removed as an adult. For about a month now I've had the taste and smell of what I can only guess rotting possum anus would taste and smell like in my nose and mouth. Apparently I have breath to match. It's trailing off, almost gone now really, but let me tell you: breathing out and then inhaling that rotten possum poo-cutter fragrance is a lot more disturbing that seeing a car built in a way you disagree with. Sometimes you just need a little perspective.

Edited by JMortensen

Ahhhh, the thing is the guy didn't post about his car and 'look at me' did he JM?

Someone else took a photo taken by someone else of yet a THIRD person's efforts at fabrication and put it on a fourth party website.

And from that, someone chose to 'chuck stones at the effort'...I mean READ that original post and tell me it's not low class to start telling someone what THEIR interpretation of THEIR car should be! Talk about arrogant presumptiousness. Telling the guy the 'repower is fine, but...(paraphrased) your car looks like sh*t!' Yeah, and your mother wears combat boots and knobs chihuahas for a nickel and gives change... Same sort of comment. A barfie and 'ha ha' at the end doesn't take the sting out of a poorly mannered outburst that should really not been made at all. Some guys don't like fat bumpers. So what?

Like you stated, why pull it up on a post with such a negative connotation, wihout a scintilla of appreciation for the effort that went into it other than 'approving' of the engine swap. I was unaware that anybody needed Akuma's approval for anything they did to their car. Unfortunately, the internet exists to let people voice their opinion, no matter how useless it ends up being in the grand scheme of things.

I mean, a guy took two Hyundais, put the second drivetrain in the trunk, and then turboe'd them to boot to make an AWD Turd.

Something I never would personally think of doing, but that the guy DID it successfully... I just have to sit back in admiration. I'd thought of something similar, but a twin engined Toranado seemed excessive to me...so I took the donor and put it in a VW Beetle instead. Nonetheless...

SILENT admiration if anything. I would consider it extremely poor form to start a post at a website where the effort was brought up and say something like "Man, I hope this isn't one of the members here!"

Why not? What is so inherently bad with it other than on person's subjective opinion? What has the commenter done to make his unsolicited opinion worthy of even a moment's glance. Unfortunately when people make negative posts like this, it draws ire from me simply because it's so negative. I didn't say he had to glorify the fabrication, but I was implying that unless he's done something BETTER and had it recognized, perhaps the BEST (there we go again in this thread, me using BEST) thing to do is not comment at all?

And you know what they say about opinions and the people that have them...

As for removing rotting possum taste, my personal advice is to buy one of those Jaegermeister Chiller thingamabobs that chill it to below freezing. Oh, it goes down so nicely. and after 10 or so, you totally forget about any pain or possum fume eminations from your throat. B)

Edited by Tony D