HybridZ

Question on ECU

jm9308

Hello everyone, liking the new website.

I just pulled out an 87 turbo manual off the local pick and pull, someone already had took out the ecu. Will be dropping it into my 85 n/a. Have an engine test stand ready to be fired up. My question is I was looking around on ebay for an ecu and people selling there swear that the serial number must match or else it will not work. Is this true? I know for my ford early 95 ecu's use a aluminum while late 95 use copper base connections outputting from the module.

Thanks Again

Hello everyone, liking the new website.

I just pulled out an 87 turbo manual off the local pick and pull, someone already had took out the ecu. Will be dropping it into my 85 n/a. Have an engine test stand ready to be fired up. My question is I was looking around on ebay for an ecu and people selling there swear that the serial number must match or else it will not work. Is this true? I know for my ford early 95 ecu's use a aluminum while late 95 use copper base connections outputting from the module.

Thanks Again

This link should answer your questions - ECU

I am pretty sure that the 84 - 86 turbo manuel ECU's will work for those models and the 87-89 ECU's were diff. Make sure whether or not you have a cali or federal car! If you put the Cali ecu in a federal car your check engine light will stay on thats all. If its an auto car you have to get an auto ecu, manual dont matter you can run an auto ecu in a manual.