HybridZ

Turn Signals For MSA Front Dam on Early 240Z

Scottie-GNZ

I had to use bigger washers when I installed mine. The holes they precut for the turn signals were too big and the stud on either side would fall into the hole. I called them about it and they were asking me stupid questions...so I fixed it myself. What trouble are you having?

That pic shows a 280Z but they are listed for 7-78 and says 70-74 require modification for turn signals. Just want to know what mods folks have done. I have seen them on 240Zs, just can't remember which members. One is a silver V8 with a low-profile hood scoop that has some mod done to put turn signals on the grille.

I love what I did with my turn signals...

32184010106_large.jpg

I purchased autolocs integrated clear turn signal headlights and used that as my turn signal... Is very bright and I am very happy with my purchase. Although I will say they require modification to fit in the stock headlight metal bucket mount. need to do some very minor cutting on the inside mount if i remember correctly, but you wont be able to tell even if you look up under the car...

cool idea, i would personally get the "halo" style with the amber rings, and make the side markers blink too. just so cops dont give you trouble.

im going to go with the regular ducted dam with no signal pockets...simplicity is my style! although im keeping the side markers.

(i have a 72')

I don't think its quite as easy to swap over 280z turn signals onto a 240 is it? There are metal brackets that the housings screw into which are spot welded to the car. The grill itself doesn't really have any kind of mounting for the turn signals.

Unless I'm mistaken?

280 grilles will not fit a 240, and vice versa. If it did, I'd put a 240 grille in my 280 so as to take care of my extra lights. The opening on 280's are bigger than a 240, and the mounting points and brackets are different. It would be easier to convert a 280 air dam/spoiler to accept 240 turn signals than converting a 240 to utilize a 280 grille & turn signals. I have researched this.