HybridZ

HybridZ 10 years ago

SuperDan

"HybridZ is dedicated to the mature, free exchange of ideas and information on extreme modifications to the Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, and 300ZX. HybridZ started as a forum dedicated to the transplant of American V8 engines into the early Datsun 240/260/280Z. Now it includes other separate forums which discuss swapping supercharged or turbocharged V6 engines into the Z-car as well."

Think of the progress that has been made in ten years. Now we are doing supercharged and turbocharged v-8's along with more varieties of engines. I wonder what the next ten years will be like? a v-10 perhaps? a duramax diesel?

Back when Dan, Mike and Pete ruled the show.

You got that right, talk about memories. I joined zcar in the mid-90's in Japan then after coming stateside stony told me about this site in late 2000. I haven't looked back since... ;)

Feb 08, 2000 First day online for HybridZ.

That's my birthday I feel great now!! :D

Edited by S30TRBO

Wow, I DO remember finding that website....

As a Datsun purist (to a degree) it turned me off in a major way; the concept of "purism has no place on HybridZ" seemed much more excluding of us Nissan fans at the time than it later became.

A few years later when I checked the site out again, I was simply completely out of my league; it took me about two years of tinkering on my DD Soobie to complete Kindegarten and graduate to the Big Boys' car forum... and by the time I joined there was already a huge Nissan transplanting community here. (which is "purist" enough for me. Super Swaps are all well and good, but they just aren't for me.)

It is really interesting looking back on it. Thanks for what you guys have done!!