HybridZ

Rb26 or vq35

Kevlars30z

So i have started on planning a swap but i do not know which one i want to drop in. Either a Rb26 or a Vq35. I did some basic reseach about the vq and in order to drop it in i would have to cut into the crossmember and change the hood lach and not to forget how low it will fit. Now with the rb26 there are the mckinney mounts that makes it sit on the crossmember but i also heard about the turbos not clearing the firewall. So now i just wanted to know which one will be $$$$ and which one will be more work. So far i have the rb in mind since i want the motor to be turbo but i would like your guys choice and ill go from there.

thanks guys

If you can get the part number any nissan dealer can get the parts. I ordered parts from 2 dealers on the west coast. Z1 motorsports started carrying parts. Ebay has tons of rb parts. Put it this way you can find any part for a rb on the internet.

im not sure about vq having better power potential. im no rb guy but i can say the rb is easy power potential. inline 6, more balance, proven power, turbo!!!, looks sick ass hell, head turner at shows, plus im the 3rd one to say get an rb!!! vq takes a hell of a lot more wiring to make it run from reading 240zhoke's threads, while rb has been done plenty of times and support is all over hybrid even though the vq is a sick engine. vq is cheaper leaving more $$$ for upgrades. really its up to you.

Edited by piston

Both engines have the potential for more than plenty of power for the S30. You can turbocharge the VQ35. Both will be more expensive the higher you go on horsepower.

I personally hate threads asking which engine to swap. If you are not sure you want certain engine, don't do it. Keep on reading, search more on that and other engines. Until you find an engine that you really like and fits best for what you want/need.

For many people these projects end up taking years. If you are swapping the engine that most people said was better just because they said it was better but you personally didn't like that option the best, you might end up selling an uncompleted project down the road.

• Like 1

If you can get the part number any nissan dealer can get the parts. I ordered parts from 2 dealers on the west coast. Z1 motorsports started carrying parts. Ebay has tons of rb parts. Put it this way you can find any part for a rb on the internet.

Easier than i though.

Both engines have the potential for more than plenty of power for the S30. You can turbocharge the VQ35. Both will be more expensive the higher you go on horsepower.

I personally hate threads asking which engine to swap. If you are not sure you want certain engine, don't do it. Keep on reading, search more on that and other engines. Until you find an engine that you really like and fits best for what you want/need.

For many people these projects end up taking years. If you are swapping the engine that most people said was better just because they said it was better but you personally didn't like that option the best, you might end up selling an uncompleted project down the road.

Totally agree. If its just a simple matter of $$$ the VQ is cheaper hands down by far.