HybridZ

3.1L stroker dont want to make mistake...

Datsz911

Im new to hybridz but im not for the Zcar... Im planning to build 3.1L stroker with F54 block and N47 head (already have one rebuild) I just want to save some bucks and do it right. Planning to run it EFI (stock) and stock cam for now... With the engine calculator with flat Ka24 piston and 1mm gasket i will get +/- 11.5/1 compression... but here in Quebec Canada we just have 91 octane gas lol and wanna know if it will pink or if ill be ok... almost forgot i want to keep some street rideability but will do more often autocross

Daryl

sorry for my english lol ;)

Daryl, what about a 2mm gasket? http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PEM09/10-2458

Also, regarding saving some bucks and doing it right...I dont think those two things go together.

And honestly, the money you spend on sourcing parts for a 3.1L build and machining could be spent on doing headwork and getting an aggressive cam. Not trying to discourage you, but you wont see much of a gain with a stock cam, stock head, and stock EFI.

Yeah 2mm gasket not bad idea... and for the stock parts its for the moment (EFI and Cam) planning to upgrade i already have header and 60mm TB and ported N42 intake... and Begi fuel regulator if i need more fuel and for cash i dont want to do the same thing twice like installing 1mm gasket and after say: damm to much compression for the Quebec 91 octane Gasoline... thats what i mean by dont want to make mistake... juste need some advice from guys who have done it

The power of the L6 is all in the head.

My advice is while you're having the head rebuilt, now is the perfect time to invest some money into a free-flowing head, and have that hot cam you've been thinking about installed. Do it once and do it right. You can bolt on a header and intake manifold in a weekend and it is a relatively easy job...but without the proper headwork, the full potential of a stroker might not be realized.

Try giving this a read: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/24798-na-31lhead-camshaft-questions-no-shortcuts-max/

Except, the stock engine management cannot take advantage of:

A: the "hot" cam

B: the (unknown to the computer) increase of air from the ported head and "bigger" intake

C: the (equally unknown to the computer) increase of fuel from your pressure regulator

or

D: the altered breathing characteristics (I believe the technical term is "pumping efficiency" or "volumetric efficiency" caused by changing the stroke, pistons, cam, etc.

Take a stock L28E. Throw megasquirt, MAYBE some turbo injectors (actually, simply more modern injectors flowing about what the turbo injectors did.. stock was just under 200, turbo was just over. 250 would be ample, 400 would be fine if you are thinking of having more room for power in the future) and a good cam on the thing, and then PROPERLY TUNE IT on a dyno, and you can likely get her up to around 170-190 wheel horsepower.

Or, you could put a cam into a stroker with a huge throttle body and 60 PSI of fuel pressure, and run it on the stock AFM fuel management, and get the same power for alot more money.