HybridZ

cockerstar??

thetremendoustim

Okay I bought an ECU and AFM from cockerstar 2 weeks ago...he said he shipped them out and i haven't received any messages back...i'm not saying he hasn't shipped but it shouldn't take 8 days to get a package from washington to california. I'm not accusing him of anything, but lets just say that someone has gotten screwed in a deal, how would you go about getting your money back, or some form of justice even though you've already paypaled the person? I've grown very impatient and extremely frustrated as you can imagine...

I haven't received any messages from anyone since the new board update, and I have gone through and made sure that I have less than 100 messages total in my inbox. I thought it was rather weird, since I tend to get several messages every day, but I haven't been selling anything since I sold the ECU and AFM to you. I definitely shipped them out to you via USPS.

I've been buying and selling on here ever since I got my Z and joined, and I've been selling elsewhere online since 2003. Haven't had an issue I couldn't resolve fairly quickly yet :)

Send me an email at ryan.p.a.clark@gmail.com, and I can discuss things further with you.

Has anyone else been having issues with PM's since the update?

edit: I just went through to look at my PM's. When I went through a few hours after the update our private message limit had been dropped from 200 down to 100. Now it seems like it's been dropped down to 50 since then...

In the process of cutting it down some more.

Edited by cockerstar

I haven't received any messages from anyone since the new board update, and I have gone through and made sure that I have less than 100 messages total in my inbox. I thought it was rather weird, since I tend to get several messages every day, but I haven't been selling anything since I sold the ECU and AFM to you. I definitely shipped them out to you via USPS.

I've been buying and selling on here ever since I got my Z and joined, and I've been selling elsewhere online since 2003. Haven't had an issue I couldn't resolve fairly quickly yet :)

Send me an email at ryan.p.a.clark@gmail.com, and I can discuss things further with you.

Has anyone else been having issues with PM's since the update?

edit: I just went through to look at my PM's. When I went through a few hours after the update our private message limit had been dropped from 200 down to 100. Now it seems like it's been dropped down to 50 since then...

In the process of cutting it down some more.

okay i'm very frustrated with how long it is taking!!! But still in question: what happens if somebody pays and the other person never even had the item, is it just a "he-said / she-said" case or what? I'm sure this has happened before, so what happens next?

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's a very active member here and I know that he has had plenty of transactions without a hickup.

This needs to be taken up further through private messages or email I think, since he gave you both options in his post. Smearing another members name without attempting to resolove things between the two of you first is bad form.

EDIT: I don't really understand your question. Are you asking what happens if you paid for an item and the guy stiffs you? You lose. Paypal does have a good service for bad transactions and I would advise you take the situation up with them if it is indeed the case. The forum isn't going to cover costs or anything if that's what you're getting at.

Edited by Globerunner513

I understand your frustration in the situation, and I'm glad you were able to get a hold of me so we can get things sorted out.

Once a package leaves my hands I don't have any control over it any more, and packages do get misplaced/lost/misrouted/etc, so it can take a long time to make it there, even when it shouldn't.

I'll be able to get you a "tracking" (usps version of tracking) either late tonight (midnight-1AM PST) when I get home, or some time tomorrow.

I'm sure that if you talk to anyone I've dealt with in the past (even if our transaction had some sort of complication) that they'll tell you things got worked out favorably.

As for when someone comes posting things for sale that they never had in the first place pay-pal has a protection system in place.

It doesn't happen often here on hybridZ, and I haven't seen it happen since we put the seller restrictions into place. We're a good community compared to other forums I've sold on before.

edit: Thanks Globerunner513 :)

Tim, please email me. I don't have much room in my inbox and I'm asking how to download my old private messages with the new software so I can have a decent amount of room to work with.

Edited by cockerstar

Tim, I haven't gotten an email from you yet, so I'll just post it here.

Please email me or PM me back!

I made a few phone calls and had a friend go get into my place to get the tracking number for you.

It's: 0309 1830 0001 4962 0471

and you can check it here: http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1830 0001 4962 0471

Class: Package Services

Service(s): Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Insured

Your item was processed through and left our HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 facility on February 24, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, February 24, 2010, 12:34 pm, HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

Acceptance, February 18, 2010, 1:39 pm, KENNEWICK, WA 99336

Like I said, once it's left my hands I have no control over it and I have no idea why your package is currently in MO and not CA...

I'll place a call to USPS on Monday when they're open again.

Edited by cockerstar

I bought set of LS1 heads on ebay and had them shipped to me via USPS, they took over a week longer(it was already supposed to take 9-12 days) to get to me than the post office said. The lady that delivered them said they were sitting in the corner for quite a while because they were heavy. :angry: