HybridZ

LS1 and radiator question. Not been answered.

I've got my LS1 into my z and am using a 4 core aluminum Ron Davis Radiator. It has a standard upper radiator hose connection but the lower connection is a 1" threaded NPT connection. I can find many fittings that are NPT but is it a problem since it's only a 1" fitting? Will that allow enough antifreeze to travel? I can't find the answer anywhere. THANKS

I used a piece of metal on my upper radiator hose to join two different rubber hoses together. The ID of the piece of metal was probably close to 1" if I can remember. Never had an over heating issue at all. Coolant doesn't flow nearly as fast as your intake / exhaust. So a small restriction won't be the end of the world.

I posted this over at LS1 forums and one member said that if the outlet isn't the same size as the water pump, I would end up with "cavitating" issues? Did you guys have any problems with any of that? I'm having to modify my car to make this rad fit and I only want to have to do it once. ;) THANKS

This is yet another shameless plug for JTR.

If you need a hose splicer that goes from one size to another, see this link:

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_Cooling_TransHoseSplicers.html

We make these parts inhouse.

If you need a special size, let us know, we can usually make these within a week.

If you splice hoses together, with a straight piece of pipe or tubing, and the ends are not beaded, the hose can slip off. For safety reasons, you should use hose splicers with beaded ends.

This is yet another shameless plug for JTR.

If you need a hose splicer that goes from one size to another, see this link:

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_Cooling_TransHoseSplicers.html

We make these parts inhouse.

If you need a special size, let us know, we can usually make these within a week.

If you splice hoses together, with a straight piece of pipe or tubing, and the ends are not beaded, the hose can slip off. For safety reasons, you should use hose splicers with beaded ends.

Those things are awesome! My problem is that the outlet on the lower radiator is only 1" and I am doubting enough coolant can pass through it. Question: Do you have those hose splicers in aluminum and in a 90 degree bend? THANKS