HybridZ

ATTENTION: Fiberglass parts Availability on the East Coast?

Mikelly

OK Guys,

Here is the deal... I have a chance to buy a bunch of Molds for Various parts, the hoodscoop/ high rise hood so many of you are in to, Gnoses, a one piece front end with integrated G-nose and front spoiler, can am style rear fenders, and a spoiler for the G-nose... I HAVE NOT SEEN THESE MOLDS, only been told of their existence and just today contacted the individual about possibly buying them. They aren't going to be cheap, not even close... So here is what I need each of you guys to do is reply here with your wish list of items you plan to purchase in the future... Obviously this isn't set in stone and financial priorety changes week to week or month to month with all of us... I'm just trying to see if there is good enough reason for me to entertain buying these molds...

Mike Kelly

ZF Racing LLC

Guest Anonymous

I might be interested in the one piece G-nose with air dam. Does anyone have pictures of an approximation of this? I don't know that I've ever seen one. Links would be appreciated. Thanks

This unit wouldn't fit ZX models. As for the air dam integrated into the Gnose.. I haven't seen any of these molds and the guy has loaned several of them out and is in the process of finding them.. To give you guys an idea of how expensive this is gonna be... He wants $500 for JUST the hood mold..

Mike icon_rolleyes.gif

Mike, My wish list for body parts includes fender flares front and rear,one piece valence panel spoiler combo.

btw I went to MAS last week and picked up a spoiler for the front end of my 280 its not fancy but the price was right.

It,s a neat store, definatly geared for the hard core car guys. Tom

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: tsumner ]

well, I paid something like $300+ for my hood not counting shipping. Dunno what the materials would go for and whatnot but $500 for something like this doesn't sound too bad.

Heck, if I had the molds carbon fiber would be real tempting after I'd done a few 'glass units icon_smile.gif One of these days I reall ywant to fool aournd with fiberglass just to see how hard it is - some of you guys have done some REALLY cool things with it! icon_eek.gif

Just out of curiosity, does the one-piece front clip include the "valence panel" and inspection lids? I've found that most fiberglass hoods terminate at the same aft location as the stock hood. For my car, the valence panel and inspection lids are riveted to the stock hood, and the whole thing lifts up.

Also, how do the "fenders" of the one-piece clip wrap around the rocker panels, behind the wheel wells? Are the fenders somehow split, like on a C4 Corvette?

Michael,

I haven't seen any of the molds or finished parts yet. Once the guy gets them all in the same place at the same time, I'll try to drive down and evaluate the situation. I'll post what I find after I see the molds.

Mike icon_cool.gif

Guest Anonymous

I would be willing to buy a complete front end. Contingent upon fit and finish. If all else equal, I would be willing to pay you as much as anybody else for parts or maybe more because of your dedication to the CAUSE. I recently bought a glass hood and Z/28 cowl induction scoop from unlimited. I had to put it on my self and the quality was poor. I am glad I did it myself vs. paying an extra $200 buck for them to do it. My body work is the only strait par of the hood. Made me redo their work for fear people would think that I did it.

I'll buy from you.