HybridZ

Cobra Misano Width? Will if Fit?

jeff81

I am trying to get some low sitting seats. I was going to go with Bride seats, but with the new caution for drivers over 175 lbs, there is no way that they could work for me. Attached are the width for the seats and a picture. I have searched and with the Corbeau Forza, there was some issues with interior width and these are .5 inches wider.

Can someone with a 280Z see if they might be able to fit. I am trying to find a low sitting, recliner, and the possibility of using a 4 point harness.

I have spent hours of research, but I don't have access to my car at this point. Could someone do some math looking at the width of their existing seats in a 280Z.

Thanks

Jeff

Size issues:

23 inches at the upper wings

20.5 inches at the base

post-5058-12687653139839_thumb.jpg

post-5058-12687653223908_thumb.gif

Edited by jeff81

I am trying to get some low sitting seats. I was going to go with Bride seats, but with the new caution for drivers over 175 lbs, there is no way that they could work for me. Attached are the width for the seats and a picture. I have searched and with the Corbeau Forza, there was some issues with interior width and these are .5 inches wider.

Can someone with a 280Z see if they might be able to fit. I am trying to find a low sitting, recliner, and the possibility of using a 4 point harness.

I have spent hours of research, but I don't have access to my car at this point. Could someone do some math looking at the width of their existing seats in a 280Z.

Thanks

Jeff

Size issues:

23 inches at the upper wings

20.5 inches at the base

What year 280z? It matters due to the catalytic converter hump on the tranny tunnel in some models.

I have a 1977.5 280Z, but I am doing extensive resto-mod so the hump can get messaged a little. I am doing an LS1, T56, Q45 rear differential. I am not sure if I am doing any catalytic converters. Currently living in an area that does not require emissions testing.

I would check this myself, but the body man has the car for who knows how long.

Thanks

Jeff

What year 280z? It matters due to the catalytic converter hump on the tranny tunnel in some models.

Edited by jeff81

• 2 weeks later...

thank you so much

After I get things straight with the body work and other things I may try to order them. I just hope that they fit.

Jeff

I posted a few pics of one of my Sparco seats in my 240z, its wings are 23.8" or 23.4" and it JUST missed hitting the door.

see here: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/89585-seats-240z-vs-s2000/