HybridZ

300ZX 5 LUG HUBS, WILL THEY FIT 240Z?

I checked out the forums and didn't find my answer, I am ready to buy a 240z- 280z and will want to add 5 lug rims to the car, I have a set of 5 lug hubs off of a 1988 nissan 300zx turbo car, I have the complete rear disk brakes, rear axles with hubs, rear 1/2 shafts, and for the front I have the complete front disk brakes and fron hubs, was planning on putting them on my 1984 300zx turbo car.

If these will not fit, I will be selling them on ebay. Te front calipers are dual getting rare.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by zfaninsc

Pictures always help. This is a Z31 hub on an S30 spindle. I used Z32 calipers and Z33 track rotors. I had to make anpost-915-12688796763557_thumb.jpg adaptor. For the rear you have multiple options. The one I opted for was to use the rear Z31 stub axle in a 280Z rear housing (had it bored out for Z31 bearings) and used the Z31 flange for the CV axles. I thought someone on this board claimed to have the bearings to do this swap without any of the machining I had done. You might want to search. Again, this was the route I choose there are several other methods to get the 5 lug setup.

Edited by Cal Poly Zmanaustin

???CONFUSED??? The picture is helpful but not totally clear. Those are Ross's hubs not Z31 hubs on an S30 spindle right? He has two options, five lug hug with zero offset and five lug hub with some offset. Which offset is used here? I can see the rest is Nissan. Where the brakes bolt on or was there a kit.

Thanks for the clarity.

Pictures always help. This is a Z31 hub on an S30 spindle. I used Z32 calipers and Z33 track rotors. I had to make anpost-915-12688796763557_thumb.jpg adaptor. For the rear you have multiple options. The one I opted for was to use the rear Z31 stub axle in a 280Z rear housing (had it bored out for Z31 bearings) and used the Z31 flange for the CV axles. I thought someone on this board claimed to have the bearings to do this swap without any of the machining I had done. You might want to search. Again, this was the route I choose there are several other methods to get the 5 lug setup.

I was really just answering the basic question that yes you can use a Z31 hub on a S30 spindle. There are a million posts on this out there already. Yes, that pic is of Ross's hub. I am not using the hubs from Modern Motorsports as this is an older pic. I am using the Z31 +3/4 offset pentagon hubs. Mine is not a kit it is all custom. If you want to see more of mine check out my album but it is not necessary relevant to the original poster as he is interested in Z31 calipers not Z32 calipers on Z33 track rotors.

I looked and all the brake pictures I saw had the MM hubs in them. But I do have a question, do you have like a template or drawing of the caliper adapters you made? I have he same plans for brakes on my datsun and that would help me out a great deal.

I looked and all the brake pictures I saw had the MM hubs in them. But I do have a question, do you have like a template or drawing of the caliper adapters you made? I have he same plans for brakes on my datsun and that would help me out a great deal.

Just to clarify. I designed my kit with with the MM hubs that were +3/4 offset. I had a bearing fail and one of my hubs was damaged. Ross inspected it and sent me a steel Z31 hub. He didn't have any more production hubs in stock and I didn't feel like buying another one so I swapped my out to the steel Z31 pentagon hubs with the +3/4 offset. The bracket I made all bolts up the same.

I do not have a drawing of the bracket I made. Remember mine was for the Z32 caliper on Z33 track rotors. If there is enough interest I will make a production quality run of mine rather than the rough one I did. If you want to talk more in detail send me a PM since I don't want to highjack the original posters thread, unless they want more specifics on what I did.

thanks.