HybridZ

My Custom 280z-JCR Supercharger Project

I dont know if this would help. But, I bought a Eaton M90 supercharger for a project and I have been looking in to inter/aftercoolers like the links below. I will be custome making mine with a oil cooler mounted with-in a custom phenolic spacer like the one below. Just some ideas for you.

http://www.v6performance.com.au/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=STEALTH+W2A+Intercooler

http://www.v6performance.com.au/Thermal-Composite-Intercooler-for-L67-p/stealth%20w2a%20intercooler.htm

http://www.v6performance.com.au/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=INTERMEDIATE+W2A+COOLER

http://www.v6performance.com.au/Thermal-Composite-Intercooler-for-L67-p/intermediate%20w2a%20cooler.htm

http://www.thrashercharged.com/L67_htm/new_cooler.shtm

• 2 weeks later...

OK.... Here it is, all Cad'd up!! :trippen:

Camden 7" SC'r adaptor to allow "air-to-air" intercooling!!! :2thumbs:

It will add height to the SC'r, but I think thats a small trade for this "HUGE" improvement.

post-1112-12709562863791_thumb.jpg

Edited by azcarbum

OK.... Here it is, all Cad'd up!! :trippen:

Camden 7" SC'r adaptor to allow "air-to-air" intercooling!!! :2thumbs:

It will add height to the SC'r, but I think thats a small trade for this "HUGE" improvement.

I would be concerned about adding any height to the intake side of things. Have you test fit this setup in an engine bay? I didn't realize how close I'd be to the fender until I dropped the motor in.

Of course, the biggest issue I had was that my filter was too tall, but I think adding height under the SC would put it through the fender.

Maybe you can see from pics on my build page how close it was:

JCR build

I would be concerned about adding any height to the intake side of things. Have you test fit this setup in an engine bay? I didn't realize how close I'd be to the fender until I dropped the motor in.

Of course, the biggest issue I had was that my filter was too tall, but I think adding height under the SC would put it through the fender.

Maybe you can see from pics on my build page how close it was:

JCR build

I don't see there being enough displacement to be an issue. The total height of of the adaptor is 1.7".... because it sits at a near 45degree angle, the total offset of the SCr towards the tower will be less than that....it should be less than an inch.

I will know for sure once I get it in.

Been doing alot of thinking about the cooling spacer.. As per the concerns of some of the members here, the height of the SC can be an issue, but even more than that, I've been questioning the IC idea because of the 7th injector. If I was to use a IC, this would mean that the system would have fuel vapor in it, and the possibility of puddling is there. The last thing I'd want would be to have my cooling system somehow ignite (BOooM!! :( ).

I think the best bet would be to use the same spacer, but go to a water-cooling setup. Yes, it would requre a bit more in parts and setup, and yes its not as customized as the IC would be ( Darn ), but in the end I think it will do the job just good and much safer.

So with this change, I can actually reduce my spacer to a thickness of 1". I will then have the ends drilled to allow for inlet/outlet line ports. The idea then will be to find someone who will weld in a runner tube w/ fins into the center cavity. I can gain some size to the cooling fins, as they can extend down into the intake some.

Edited by azcarbum

• 5 months later...

PA250001.jpg

So to start my customization of the manifold, I purchased some really nice CNC machined Injector holders. I don't remember the name of the company I purchased them from ( I'll get back to you on that ). They were very reasonable in price, and they should fit nicely on the manifold. These parts are made of aluminum, and the machining is excellent. The neat thing about these is that they not only act as the holder for the injector, but they also incase it. This means no fuel rail will be required. This was perfect for me, as I wanted to run individual braided lines to each injector.

did you ever remember the name of the company that makes those injector holders?

I have this same supercharger kit, minus some key peices, so i'll keep an eye on this thread

• 9 months later...